cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple CM Clusters

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

I have 3 CM clusters which can call over the ICT. The issue is we never kept the phone directories updated. Is it possible to export all users within one cluster and import them into a different cluster? The Clusters are a mix of 6x and 4.2.3

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, but it's not as simple as just export in one and import in another. the fields between versions are different so you need to adjust the files manually to match required fields

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Are you talking about using BAT? How do I know which fields I will need to remove from one ver to another?

you'll need to export a sample file and compare

HTH

java

michael_todd
Level 1
Level 1

The best way to do this would be to put all of the user information in a single LDAP directory (like Active Directory). Then point the directory URL for all three clusters to the unified directory.

See the IP Phone Services Developer Guide for more information (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html). There are also some good examples in the "Developing Cisco IP Phone Services" book by Cisco Press.

Active Directory or would work, but it sucks in 4.x and very the schema updates are horrible.

You can do the following:

Export the users from each CUCM

open each into CSV

Leave the headers intact in each column

copy and paste the similar fields to/from each csv.

upload back to their respective cluster.

Eventually, you will want to have some sort of common directory. Even it's homemade directory through XML. You can re-direct the Directories to a different source and pull from there. (which would be where you merge all your exported users from each cluster) Trick is, you have to create that piece... granted it takes time, but how much does it take to update the directory every week or month on all clusters.

In the CallManager SDK there is a sample phone service that can search multiple LDAP directories and return all matching results.

It is an ASP service and so requires an IIS server. I am web server expert but managed to get it working in a couple of hours.

The SDK can be obtained from the link below. I have attached the ASP file for your reference. You do need the LDAP DCOM dll from the SDK to use it.

Please rate if helpful.

Sorry,

Just read that you have 6.x so there is no LDAP for that release.

Best solution would be to add phone numbers to AD (assuming that it services all three organisations) and then set up an ASP phone service to query AD for phone number.

You can still use the ASP file from my last post - just point it to AD instead.