Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Subscribers Prioritization

learnsec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just in case we have one pub and multiple subscribers(2), and i am in the process to add a third subscriber. We have a group of IP Phones that should register as a priority with subscriber#3, while other group should be registered as a priority with Subscriber 2,.. then i have to create multiple call manager groups. Right?

I create a call manager group#3 for example where i put subsciber3 as a first priority, and i create a devicePool # 3 to assign this call manager group#3 to it.

And on the phone i select the devicePool#3.

I reset the phone and i still find that the ip address of subscriber 2 still the ip placed under option 21 in the network configuration settings of the phone which is call manager 1.

Is there any other thing to check concerning this prioritization of the phone registration with the correspondent call manager subscriber?

regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You will have to restart " Cisco tftp" service. It will resolve the issue.

If it is production environment, Please make sure you do it during off hrs.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi.

Version of cucm and IP phone models.

Let us know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

hello,

CUCm Version 6

IP Phones models are several, but the one testing with currently is 7960

regards,

Under the CUCM admin page, check 'Device' and 'Phones' each phone should say 'Registered with X.X.X.X' are the phones showing as being registered with the wrong server here?

I guess you have created a new Device Pool and added the new CM group to that Device Pool then moved the phones in question into the new DP??

Matty

the ccm sub 3 i am talking about is right now down for an upgrade purpose.

so on that page the phone indicates that the phone is registered with ccm sub 2,

but on the phone setting itslef, if i click on the button settings/ netowrk configuration i found that call manager 1 is the IP Address of CCM sub2 indicating active while it should be (as i guess) the ip address of CCM sub 3 indicating standby or down or something like that.

yes i did

created a new Device Pool and added the new CM group to that Device Pool then moved the phones in question into the new DP.

thanks mmoulson

Hi,

You will have to restart " Cisco tftp" service. It will resolve the issue.

If it is production environment, Please make sure you do it during off hrs.

Regards

Ronak Patel

thanks ronak,

but i didnt get your point.

in my case the tftp service is runnin on Publisher only and it will still running under the pub, but the phone registration should be registered with ccm sub 3 as a priority when available.

i think this should be done on the ccm group then the device pool assigned to this phone.

reseting the tftp service will do what in my case?

i still even when reseting the phone finding

ccm 1 is IP of sub 2

while it should be in my case the ip of sub 3

please clarify your point

Hi,

The Cisco TFTP service builds and serves files  consistent with the trivial file transfer protocol, which is a  simplified version of the File Transfer Protocol (FTP). Cisco TFTP  builds configuration files and serves embedded component executables,  ringer files, and device configuration files.

So just in case if the config files are not updated, you may have to restart the tftp services.

Also you will have to erase configuration of the ip phones , the ip phones some time do not take new values of CCM1 and CCM2 etc...

Regards

Ronak Patel

how may i erase the configuration of the ip phones?

manually? or just reseting the tftp service will do so?

Hi,

erasing configuraiton of Ip phone is to be done manually.

Follow below procedure for 7960 phones, It would be more or less similar for other phones. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/sip/1_0/english/administration/guide/maintain.html#wp1015165

Regards

Ronak Patel

when i Highlight Erase Configuration

when there is no option for "yes"

no soft key for yes

why?

Hi

Try typing

**# when you are looking at the menus

A little padlock at the top of the screen should OPEN

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

thanks acambell,

i erased the config still same isuue.

so let me ask my question in a different way,

on a IP phone settings / network configuration/ "call manager 1" option represents what?

the first call manager on the ccm group? or the ccm where the phone is registered? or a random ip of the ccm cluster?

and thank you for your reply

Hi,

Call Manager 1 = Your Primary Call Processor (1st Priority)

Call Manager 2 = Your Secondary Call Processor (2nd Priority)

Call Manager 3 = Your 2nd/Secondary Call Processor (3rd Priority)

and so on

Yor last priority may be your SRST if you use it.

The 1 st priority will be the top CM in your CM group selected by your device pool.

You phone will always be registered with your 1st priority until there is a failure of that CM.

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

If resetting the phone gets the same config it means CUCM is just giving again the same info, go to the TFTP service parameters, click advanced and look for a parameter which should be build selective, change to build all files, restart TFTP and then reset the phone.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: