Views
Helpful
Replies

multisite of UC540 without Multisite VPN

dereed268
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 3 locations, all connected with MPLS via our ISP, and each location has a UC540.  I would like to be able to dial site-to-site without using the Multisite Manager in CCA, as this creates it's own VPN tunnel for the site-to-site traffic.  I read that I could do it by configuring the dial-peers with CLI, but am unsure how to make the routes between the boxes.  Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You just need to set the session-target as the remote IP of whatever remote site you are trying to call.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description Send 1XXXX to 1.1.1.1

destination-pattern 1....

session-target ipv4:1.1.1.1

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description Send 2XXXX to 2.2.2.2

destination-pattern 2...

session-target ipv4:2.2.2.2

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have IP connectivity working between all 3 locations?  If so, all you need to do is configure the dial-peers.

I do, and that is my question.  I am unsure of how to configure the dial-peers for the site-to-site.  I am familar with setting translation rules for normal calling, but I don't know how to do the site-to-site setup.

You just need to set the session-target as the remote IP of whatever remote site you are trying to call.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description Send 1XXXX to 1.1.1.1

destination-pattern 1....

session-target ipv4:1.1.1.1

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description Send 2XXXX to 2.2.2.2

destination-pattern 2...

session-target ipv4:2.2.2.2

Thank you very much.  I saw the pattern in my conf for going to voicemail, but wasn't sure of the exact configuration for setting the site-to-site dialing up.  So each box would need to have both of those, as one is one location and one is the other.  I also assume that I would have to add a dial-peer voice 300 voip for the 3rd location, correct?

Correct on the first part.  You shouldn't need a 3rd one as each site connects to 2 other sites.   Default codec is G.729 so you may need to change that depending upon your setup.  You will also need to make sure the session-target IP address is the IP address you have H323 binded to on the remote UC540.

Excellent, thanks again for all the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: