cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music file can't be processed (MOH)

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

I want to change the Music on hold (MOH) and for this reason I dropped the file in a special folder. The dropped file can't be processed. It did work a few times but this time the music file remains in the folder. I restarted the CallManager 4.1 but it didn't help either.

Any suggestions how to tackle this issue?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May be you should check a service called Cisco MOH Audio Translator in your MoH server. Is it started or not ?

You can check it in Cisco Call Manager Serviceability, Tools -> Control Center.

Wiyandi

Dear Wiyandi,

I checked Cisco MOH Audio Translator a few times. I restarted the service but it didn't help either.

Thanks.

ahmeds
Level 1
Level 1

Just start this service:

Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App

Watch the file disappear, you can stop the service when you're done. It's pretty processor extensive.

Good luck.

IPVMS has NOTHING to do with the MOH translation Ahmed, the one that needs to be running is the MOH Audio Translator as the other posts mention

are you dragging and dropping the files in the folder?

if so, do not do that.

copy or cut the file and then open the translator folder and paste it in there

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Under DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere folder check that CCMService account has FullControl rights if not assign it.

Please check the permissions on the file that is placed in the directory (right-click, properties-> security tab). If it was copied

from another location on the server, it will retain its old permissions. If the CCMService account does not have permission on

this file, it will not be able to access it.

You can un-check the "Allow inheritable permissions..." option, apply,

then re-check it. This should give the file the permssions from the directory.

Also gather MOH AudioTranslator traces

under CMS folder atXXXXXX.txt if above still doesnt help

Gogasca is exactly right. Normally when a MOH file does not disappear from the directory it's a permissions issue.

This has been asked before!

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.2cbe4b8f/0#selected_message

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: