Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Music on Hold for 3rd Party SIP phones on CUCM 8

I have a client who has a number of Polycom Soundstation IP 7000 phones  on their CUCM 7.1.

When the IP 7000 puts a call on hold, the person on hold hears nothing (no audio or tone on hold).

The SRND for 7.x actually has a call flow (right at the bottom of the Music on Hold subject) that basically says exactly that - the caller will hear no audio.

The SRND for 8.x does not list this call flow (however it doesn't say it works either).

I performed a test install of CUCM 8.x but have not had any success so far.

Can anyone verify whether this is now supported in version 8? I found it curious that they omited it "not working" from the SRND if that hadn't changed.

3 REPLIES

Re: Music on Hold for 3rd Party SIP phones on CUCM 8

For anyone who stumbles upon this post - Music on Hold for 3rd Party SIP phones does not work on CUCM 8 (Confirmed by Cisco TAC)

That is because cisco does

That is because cisco does not fully support sip endpoints and is a very limited PBX when it comes to protocols other than SCCP/Skinny.

They are pretty convoluted. 

Could you please provide some

Could you please provide some source material to your claim about Cisco and SIP support?  I would be very interested in seeing what exactly is not supported.  Thanks.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies