Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Music-on-Hold (MOH) and multicast on CUCM 8.5

Hello guys!

Music-on-hold works great when I disable multi-cast on the Media Resource Group of regions (I currenlty have 4 regions configured) but when I enable the Use Multi-cast for MOH Audio (If at least one multi-cast MOH resource is available) option on each Media Resource Group, then between some regions works one-way MOH and the other way tone-on-hold (TOH). Multicast routing is enabled on all routers interfaces and SVIs. Will appreciate any suggestion guys.

Thanks in advanced!   

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Music-on-Hold (MOH) and multicast on CUCM 8.5

HI,

++ Ok, When IP phoen A in manin site places the call on hold with  IP phone B in remote site. What is the region relationship with IP phone B and MMoh Server.

++ If you  use unicast MOH doesn it work for the same call flow ?

++ What is the region relationship between IP phone B and MMOh server if it is anything other than g711, can you check IPVMS service parameter is enabled for respective codec.

++ What is the  number of hops conifgured in MOH server ?  If you think it is less than the actual hops between the default GW of the IP phone B and CCM, increase it.

++ And if nothing helps , we need to isolate whether this issue is with the CCM or network (multicast issues), so make a test call, place call on hold/resume and get the detailed CCM logs along with IPVMS logs from the Callmanager from all the nodes in the cluster.

The remote phone IP phone B is it a Ip communicator, if yes (make sure to disable optimize for BW) and check.

HTH,

Murali

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

++ When you enable MMOH in MRG and if it works for certain users/regions and certain users get TOH, which confirms:-

Assuming same audio source is used for all:-

++ Audio source is enabled for multicast

++ MOh server is enabled for Multicast

++ MRG is enabled for Multicast.

++ And when you use Unicast MOH, if everything is working  great,  which confirms that there shouldn't be any issues in codec/region association and supported MOH codec list in service parameter. Provided same MOH server is used. However, if you have both unicast/Multicast MOH server in called party's MRGL, then you can check whether the region relationship is g729 or any other codec and make sure to enable it in the Service parameter of IPVMS under supported MOH codec list.

++ Make sure to check whether the  audio source which  is configured in  party which is placing the call on hold is Multicat enabled. Is it same for working and non-working one? And make sure to enable MMOH in audio source.

IP phone A------CCM----IPPHone B

++ If phone A places the call on hold, then IP phone A's configured audio source will be used  to stream to IP phone B. (line audio source will be first preference and then device configuration).

++Ip phone B MRGL or device pool MRGL or default list will be searched for MMOH server.

And you can also check , whether the phone which are working and non-working in same location/same default GW and other details to see if there is any network issue.

HTH,

Murali

Community Member

Thanks for the reply Murali!

Your assumptions are correct;

1. Audio source is enabled for multicast and the only audio source is SampleAudioSource 1 (default of CUCM8.5)

2. MOH server is enabled for Multicast and registered with CUCM

3. Each MRG is enabled for Multicast.

When I enable MOH for multicast on each MRG, I get TOH like this:

IP phone A (main site)------CCM----IPPHone B (remote site)

1. If phone A places the call on hold, then IP phone A source will be tried to stream to IP phone B but I get TOH on phone B.

2. If phone B places the call on hold, then IP phone B source will be tried to stream to IP phone B and I get MOH on phone A

3. ALL MRG and MRGL of each region have included the MOH_2 server with multicast enabled.

Phones on different regions are on different gateways and IP segments.

Cisco Employee

HI,

++ Ok, When IP phoen A in manin site places the call on hold with  IP phone B in remote site. What is the region relationship with IP phone B and MMoh Server.

++ If you  use unicast MOH doesn it work for the same call flow ?

++ What is the region relationship between IP phone B and MMOh server if it is anything other than g711, can you check IPVMS service parameter is enabled for respective codec.

++ What is the  number of hops conifgured in MOH server ?  If you think it is less than the actual hops between the default GW of the IP phone B and CCM, increase it.

++ And if nothing helps , we need to isolate whether this issue is with the CCM or network (multicast issues), so make a test call, place call on hold/resume and get the detailed CCM logs along with IPVMS logs from the Callmanager from all the nodes in the cluster.

The remote phone IP phone B is it a Ip communicator, if yes (make sure to disable optimize for BW) and check.

HTH,

Murali

Community Member

Problem solved! In the Cluserwide Parameters under Service Parameter configuration in the CUCM only g711 was selected. I added all the other codec available and is working. I though that if the codec was in the window it was already selected, but you have to highlight it first and then Save it.

Thanks for your help Murali!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content