Novriadi .
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks

I had succesfully configured MVA on a lab environment with :

- CUCM 9.1.1

- H323 Gateway [Cisco 3925 - universal ios version 15.2(4)M5] with DID ISDN PRI

- using direct MVA

I'm able to reach the IVR menu and authenticate PIN number.

Then I select option 1 for make a call to internal number / PSTN number, both resulting error "You're called

cannot be completed dialed...." comes up. It seems a problem with CSS or something with call authorization,

but everything properly configured with partition attach on css apply on gateway and RDP.

Configuration :

1. MVA service enabled on Pub

2. MVA service param enabled with number 5999

3. MVA matching caller id : complete match, with number of digits for caller id partial match : 10.

3. Media resources MVA number configured 5999

4. incoming dial-peer pots and outgoing dial-peer facing to CUCM configured.

RTR-Configuration :

application

service ccm http://172.25.210.10:8080/ccmivr/pages/IVRMainpage.vxml

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

service ccm

incoming called-number 2123945999

no digit-strip

!

dial-peer voice 5010 voip

description MVA DID

destination-pattern 5999

session target ipv4:172.25.210.11

incoming called-number .

voice-class codec 1 

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad  

!        

dial-peer voice 5011 voip

description MVA DID

preference 1

destination-pattern 5999

session target ipv4:172.25.210.10

incoming called-number .

voice-class codec 1 

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad  

I've tried looking for similar cases in this forum

but still haven't managed to get a solution.

Is anyone experiencing the same thing as above ?

Rgds

Novri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Novri,

Are you appending prefix +1 to the calling number "2123942123"?

Ensure that your calling number should match to your Remote Destination Number.

If your RDN is "2123942123" then try to avoid appending prefix "+1" to the calling number and check once again.

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

basyadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Definetly sound like a CSS issue as you mentioned however try and change the Dial-peer order and set Publisher IP "

172.25.210.10" DP as highest preference as oppose to subscriber right now and see if it helps.

- Basant

Hi Basant,

I have change the dial-peer preference with Pub as a primary but still experiencing same error.

Does the GW or RDP CSS have access to MVA number "5999" partition on top of the order?

- Basant

Hi Novri,

How you are converting your "2123945999" to "5999"? I mean are you using any translation rule to convert it to match your VOIP dial-peer which is pointing towards your CUCM.

Please provide "debug voice ccapi inout" and full show running-config.

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

I'm sorry I forgot to note another dial-peer (dp 5001 & 5002) facing to CUCM and also use striping digit on H.323 GW configuration on CUCM (4digit).

attached the full sh run & debug voice ccapi inout.

Rgds

Novri

Are you able to make normal incoming call from PSTN?

Debug shows that you are getting cause code = 38 which is "Network out of order" that means your there is mismatch in IP Address of Gateway configuration.

Check in CUCM gateway config what is the IP Address it should be the same as your bind address in gateway (I think you have bind with loopback).

Another thing observed is that when dial-peer 5002 is selected then you are getting "Unallocated number".

Below points you have to check out:

1). Inbound CSS in gateway which should have access to MVA number.

2). Check your RDP configuration, it should also have access to your internal partition.

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

1. Yes, I'm able to make a call from PSTN to internal number, call from PSTN match dial-peer 5001 & 5002.
  2. H.323 GW on CUCM use ip 172.25.110.1 bind to int loopback0 on router.
  3. I can confirm that inbound css (with pt-internal) have access to MVA number (use pt-internal) and css on RDP also use css-internal.
  4. When I test call from internal number to MVA number (5999), DNA show BlockThisPattern because Unallocated Number. Is it normal behaviour from MVA ?

Rgds

Novri

Hi Novri

Though you might have checked already, just want to bring your attention to MVA service parameter controlling the CSS to be used to match final destination number. Ensure the correct CSS is selected as per parameter setting- GW CSS or RDP CSS.

- Basant

Hi Basant,

I use GW CSS setting under service parameter, but both of GW CSS and RDP CSS use same CSS configuration.

Rgds

Novri

Hi Novri,

Please share detailed CUCM trace, debug isdn q931, debug voice ccapi inout.

Also do share snapshots of MVA related configuration.

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Novri

A CUCM trace of failed call would certainly be helpful as Nishant suggested as a last resort what cucm is thinking. Please ensure we collect CUCM traces from all servers in the cluster.

- Basant

Hi Nishant & Basant.

Attached the CUCM trace result from Pub and Sub, and also debug isdn q931 & debug voice ccapi inout as per Nishant request.

Calling number : 2123942123

Called number : 2123945999 (DID) / 5999 (MVA)

Error : You're called cannot be dialled.

Could please help me to read the CUCM trace .

Thanks

Novri

Hi Novri,

You have sent sdl trace. Please send sdi trace which you will have get with sdl.

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

I only get the sdl trace from RTMT, eventhough I've enable the trace configuration for SDI on CUCM.

and when I try to collect real time trace from RTMT and choose sdi, i get error message like this :

SDI Trace error.JPG

My CUCM version : 9.1.1.11001-1

Please advice

Thanks

Novri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: