cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI and ICT

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a Unity connection on Cluster 1 with a ICT to another CUCM , cluster2, which is a test system . The ICT can be SIP or H323 doe snot matter for test the test but it seems MWI does not work to Cluster 2. I have set up the MWI DN`s on Cluster 2 to be the same as Cluster 1 but still no joy. Has anyone any docs for this, does it work

CUCM 1 - 6.1.2

CUCM 2 7.13

CUC 2.1

many thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have Qsig enabled on both sides of the ICT? Also, remove the MWI numbers from cluster 2. Take a look at the following link for other considerations.

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/678-using-qsig-to-integrate-unity-with-multiple-cucm-clusters.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/vmessage.html#wp1095866

You have to use either "multiple telephony integration" or configure the Qsig H323 intercluster trunk to support

Annex M.1. The QSIG protocol supports MWI notification.

HTH,

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I carried out the changes but it did not seem to make a difference. If I do configure the QSIG option both ICT using H323 then I get open tree when it transfers to Voice Mail - "Welcome to Voice mail if you know the extension number......" if I leave off the QSig option, then the caller is placed in the correct Voice Mail box. However the more importantly the  MWI is not carried across- Any ideas, I followed the post in the previous reply but no joy - Any Idea. I seen another post where a user wanted the same thing , escalated it to Cisco TAC but did not get an answer . I`m happy tu use SIP or H323

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: