Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI - Light won't go out?

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have a subscriber on CME who's MWI won't go out. It stays lit without any messages. I've deleted the vm account and rebuilt. I've also reset the phone manually and physically after manual had no effect.

It's only one phone not responding out of 65 subscribers. It's not an across the board system issue.

Can this be turned off on only one phone? Can it be done from GUI, or will a command have to be processed on the router?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also ensure CME/CUE configs are synched by running "show ccn application".  In your case, they likely are because this is an isolated issue.  But a sample output would be:

Description:  ciscomwiapplication

Script:  setmwi.aef

Name:  ciscomwiapplication

ID number: 0

Enabled: yes

Maximum number of sessions: 4

strMWI_OFF_DN: 9999

strMWI_ON_DN: 9998

CallControlGroupID: 0

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to go to the phone and simply dial the MWI Off extension configured for the voicemail integration. Give that a shot.

Hailey

Hi Dave, thank you for your reply.

I checked the router and don't know what the off number is. vm is 3939 but I don't know where to look specifically to determine what shuts it off.

Thank you

In CME, I believe you can run "show telephony-service ephone-dn" to see what the MWI On/Off DN's are.  Output might look like this:

ephone-dn 30

mwi on

ephone-dn 31

mwi off

So, my example assumes your extensions are 4-digits (hence, the .... in the pattern).  So, to turn the MWI On for extension 1234 - you go off hook on a phone and dial 99981234 and the light should turn on.

To turn it off, 99991234 and the light should go off.

Hailey

Ok, gotcha. I'll have a look.

You can also ensure CME/CUE configs are synched by running "show ccn application".  In your case, they likely are because this is an isolated issue.  But a sample output would be:

Description:  ciscomwiapplication

Script:  setmwi.aef

Name:  ciscomwiapplication

ID number: 0

Enabled: yes

Maximum number of sessions: 4

strMWI_OFF_DN: 9999

strMWI_ON_DN: 9998

CallControlGroupID: 0

Hailey

Worked!

Thank you very much for your help.

Awesome, glad to help.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: