cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Problem: Unity 7/Exchange 2007

jburk
Level 1
Level 1

on a new Unity 7 Deployment with Exchange 2007 - Used COBRAS to migrate from Unity 4.0.5 running on an old ICS7750 - New Domain on the 2007 Server. This is a Unified Messaging deployment.

When the caller leaves a VM, the MWI lights on the users phone, but the instant Outlook receives the message, the MWI light goes off. The message is not marked as read, and there are no rules directing it to another folder. Even if you right click the message and mark as unread, nothing changes and the MWI light does not come on.

Does anybody have experience with this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What happens if Outlook is not running on the user's desktop?  Does the MWI still get turned off in that scenario?  If so, then something in Outlook is marking the message as read.  Maybe they have the preview pane loaded?  First, see if it is coming from the client (i.e. Outlook).

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What happens if Outlook is not running on the user's desktop?  Does the MWI still get turned off in that scenario?  If so, then something in Outlook is marking the message as read.  Maybe they have the preview pane loaded?  First, see if it is coming from the client (i.e. Outlook).

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi,

I also faced the same problem. But I found that this is normal behaviour of the unity and exchange or you can say the this is how it works. If someone leaves the voicemail and if the voicemail is on the mail server then you can see the MWI on IP Phone. Once you downloads the mails from your mail server to your local PC mailbox, MWI becomes off. To better understand this:

1. Stop mail replication on your local machine

2. login to your webmail

3. Leave the voicemail

4. Mark the voicemail message read (MWI becomes off)

5. Mark the voicemail message unread (MWI becomes on)

Thanks & Regards,

Vaijanath

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

This was the problem - the user had a message rule turned on for the inbox to move to a local folder

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: