Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI with time of day routing

I work for a school district and teachers can't recieve calls during the day. I have set up time of day routing and schedules to achieve this. I have a partition that is active from 7:00AM- 3:00PM with a CTI route point of 6XXXX forwarding everything to voice mail. Then I have a partition that becomes active from 3:00PM to 6:59AM that the actual DN resides in. This achieves my goal of allowing calls in after class is over.

I'm doing some testing with the DN and found that I'm able to call other DN's and I'm able to call the PSTN while the DN is in an inactive partition . I however can't get MWI to work while in an inactive partition. I look at port status monitor in Unity and Unity is doing the correct thing. I have tried calling the MWI on DN but I still can't get MWI.

It seems to me this is working as designed because my DN that resides in the unactive partition does not exist for MWI to light.

Please let me know if this is working as designed and if so what a good workaround would be to get time of day routing and MWI working

2 REPLIES

Re: MWI with time of day routing

have you checked the CSS of the device and of the MWI DN to make sure they can see the correct partitions?

Re: MWI with time of day routing

The key of Time of Day routing is to reach the Translations Patterns partitons without reaching the phone itself directly. What you need to do to make MWI work is to make that the CSS of the VM ports can reach the MWI partition and that the MWI CSS can reach the phone's partition directly (not the TP Partition). Also the phone's CSS needs to reach the MWI partition in order to dial it directly from the phone.

HTH

//Jorge

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content