cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My cisco 2901/CME IOS doesn't include "telephony-service" command!!!

Abdullah Net
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday i received my new router from cisco, 2901-CME-FL25/PVDM3-16 (voice bundle). I used the "show version" and i found out that i have the latest IOS version which is 15.1(1)T ((c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-1.T.bin)).According to cisco website this version of IOS support all voice commands including 'telephony-service'.

when i typed any voice command like "Router(config)# telephony-service", i get "invalid command". Why is that? i tried all the other voice command but with no luck. Please explain to me why is that happening...

Cisco told me that i will receive my paper license via mail in 2 to 3 days. Is it because i am missing this license? or it has nothing to do with it?

Thanks,

Abdul.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ISR G2s follow a separate licensing model. By default you only get the ip base. You need to buy the UC package for voice. Did you bought this along with the router??

By default, all the routers ship with an IP Base license. The routers can be ordered from the factory with technology
licenses pre-installed using the Paper license SKUs (start with keyword ‘SL’). Alternately, if the advanced technology
features are to be deployed later, the required licenses can be ordered as spares. Spares for technology licenses can
be ordered as paper licenses or e-delivery licenses (start with keyword ‘L-SL’).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ISRG2_Ordering_guide.pdf

The IOS is able to do what you mention and the feature tool is correct, but only after you enable it by buying the right license:

2 Ordering Cisco IOS Software Images and Licenses
Integrated Services Routers deliver innovative technologies running on industry-leading Cisco IOS Software.
Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 ship with a universal IOS image that contains all the features available for
use on the routers
. The specific feature set is activated by the use of technology package licenses such as Security,
Unified Communications and Data.

Page 7 from same link.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you buy a new router,it is shipped preinstalled with the software and the corresponding permanent licenses for the packages and features that you specified. You do not need to activate or register the SW before use.

Could you send the output of the commands:

show license feature and show license

Could you also try to type the command "telephony?"

leandro.brito
Level 1
Level 1

Hey buddy, this IOS you've mentioned doesn't support CME.

If it's new device, contact your reseller.

Regards,

Leandro

Leandro,

How come? cisco's website clearly states that this version of IOS support all voice command including Cisco IOS Telephony Service (ITS) Version 2..

Please take a look at the webpage:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/Dispatch?act=feature&imageid=1507058&platformFamily=437&featureSet=1589&featureSelected=8203&VersionSelected=All Software&availSoftwares=IOS&software=IOS

My friend...I didn´t realized that you´re still waiting for your license.

IOS v15 has some new "surprises" and that´s one of those. Licenses....for many features....

Actually, I never heard about this "universal! IOS you´ve mentioned...but, the link you´ve sent me mention the CME feature.

Nothing but to wait for that.

Please let us know the results after that.

Regards,

Leandro

ISR G2s follow a separate licensing model. By default you only get the ip base. You need to buy the UC package for voice. Did you bought this along with the router??

By default, all the routers ship with an IP Base license. The routers can be ordered from the factory with technology
licenses pre-installed using the Paper license SKUs (start with keyword ‘SL’). Alternately, if the advanced technology
features are to be deployed later, the required licenses can be ordered as spares. Spares for technology licenses can
be ordered as paper licenses or e-delivery licenses (start with keyword ‘L-SL’).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ISRG2_Ordering_guide.pdf

The IOS is able to do what you mention and the feature tool is correct, but only after you enable it by buying the right license:

2 Ordering Cisco IOS Software Images and Licenses
Integrated Services Routers deliver innovative technologies running on industry-leading Cisco IOS Software.
Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 ship with a universal IOS image that contains all the features available for
use on the routers
. The specific feature set is activated by the use of technology package licenses such as Security,
Unified Communications and Data.

Page 7 from same link.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: