Views
Helpful
Replies

Name to number directory lookup

egiovannetti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

My problem is to provide on phone display, Name of caller instead of number if present in directories.

My possible scenario would be:

-          Cisco Cucm 7.1 single site (publisher + subscriber)

-          N.2 h323 voice  gateway Cisco 2800 with 2 E1 controller each (one per company) to redundate the gateway.

-          1 NM-CUE on the first router for voice mail and auto-attendant

Personal and group Directories should be implemented using embedded UCM directory system (using end user personal directories) and associate services to the devices.

My need is to have name lookup of corporate and personal directories on the phones.

If not possible look up in native Cucm directories, could you suggest me the way this is possible and how to do it?

Thank you very much

Emanuele

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM does not do name to number lookup as you describe.  There are several threads on the forums on this topic.  Really, the only way to do this is to write a custom script of your own or find a 3rd-party that already has implemented one.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Emanuele,

I don't know of a way to do this in callmanager. Calls from the outside are going to use the cname that comes in through the trunk.  The only way I know of to do this is route your incoming calls through an asterisk box first and tag the names.  You can even install a service that will do a reverse lookup on the number if the name isn't in your directory.  http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/applications/callerid/

hth

Rick

CUCM does not do name to number lookup as you describe.  There are several threads on the forums on this topic.  Really, the only way to do this is to write a custom script of your own or find a 3rd-party that already has implemented one.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: