Views
Helpful
Replies

Need advice on which model of phone

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

Gurus,

I was planning on deploying some 7912's in several 'common' or public areas, that just needed a basic phone. However, I used a 7912 today, and besides that it won't interface with a locking wall-mount kit, also it seems that it does not support a "2-way" speakerphone conversation. I could put the phone on speakerphone, but the party on the other end of the line could not hear me.

The locking wall-mount is not a deal-breaker, but I do need to ability to have an 'over the air' conversation.

Can you recommend a lower-end Cisco IP phone that will do a 2-way speakerphone conversation, as well as be usable with a wall-mount kit?

Thanks,

-Michael

4 Replies 4

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Michael, the basic model that fits your requirement for a speaker phone and wall-mount kit would be a 7941. Anything lower than this doesn't come with a speakerphone.

HTH

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

A common lower end Cisco IP Phone that supports the features you want, Speaker Phone and Wall Mount, would be the 794x series.(you'll want a wallmount kit as well)

Currently the 7941G is available. You may also be able to find a 7940 on ebay or other resellers.

(although 7940 has been superceded with the 41, etc. it would work)

The 791x series does not have speaker phone although you can get wallmount kits.

Please see the following link for more info on all Cisco IP Phones and their features:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/index.html

Not known to most, the 7940/60 is still orderable and has a lower price that the 7941. In fact, you won't find 7940/60 EOS announcements on CCO.

There are new low-end phones being introduced anyway, CP-54x. These are linksys-derivated.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Hope all is well :) Just to add a note to the good info from Darren and Greg. This "Universal" Wall Mount Kit will work for all IP Phone models (and locks);

7905,7911,7912,7940,7941,7960,7961,797x

CP-LCKNGWALLMNT2=

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_installation_guide09186a00801d0356.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: