Views
Helpful
Replies

Need healp configuring E1 for PSTN

moblix123
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configure the E1 for PSTN. I have configured the following parameters

Linecode-Hdb3, Framing-crc4,clock-source - line, but its not working. The card on the router shows amber light.

Can someone guide me through the configuration steps? I have never configured E1 on a router before.

3 Replies 3

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

hi

i assume mgcp GW with CallManager as the call agent here is a step by step configuration:

1:(config)#mgcp

(turns on MGCP)

2: (config)#ccm-manager mgcp

(allows the gateway to talk to the Cisco CallManager using MGCP)

3: (config)#ccm-manager config server

(enables the download of Cisco CallManager XML configuration files)

4: (config)# mgcp call-agent 2427 service-type mgcp version 1

(The IP address is the Cisco CallManager, 2427 is the TCP port number, and service type defines either MGCP or SGCP and the version number)

5: (config)#mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

(selects the codec type and the DTMF option)

6: (config)#Controller E1 0/0

#pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp

(This command tells the gateway to use ports 1 to 31 of the PRI for service MGCP. The D channel will be port 15)

7: (config)#dial-peer voice 1 pots

(config-dial-peer)#service MGCPAPP

(config-dial-peer)# port 0/0:15

(This command creates a plain old telephone service (POTS) dial peer that points to the D channel of the PRI, it turns on MGCP for the dial peer, and it tells the dial peer to use this port for calls controlled by MGCP; it binds the port to MGCP).

8: (config)#Interface S 0/0:15

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

isdn incoming-voice voice

(This command enables ISDN to backhaul Q.931. The Layer 3 information (Q.931 and above) is transported over TCP to the MGCP call agent which is Cisco CallManager in this case)

9:ccm-manger redundant ?host

(This command configures redundant Cisco CallManager for MGCP)

10: ccm-manger switchback graceful

(After the primary Cisco CallManager comes back on line, this command waits until any active calls are completed before the phones are registered back to the primary Cisco CallManager. Other options are immediate. You can also set a specific time for the phones to switch back)

note: When you make a change to the MGCP configuration, such as adding or changing endpoints, it is a good idea to reinitialize MGCP by issuing no mgcp and then mgcp global configuration commands.

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

/majdi

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

what cable are you using ?

Do "show controllers e1". If the it shows "loss of signal", you cabling is wrong.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: