cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on CDR

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

As per documents,As soon as we make a call,records are created in the CDR,CDR records are stored as a flat files in each callmanager(my phones are registered with subscriber),this flat file is loaded to the Publisher CDR data base during the schedule time ( usally in the night timne) My questions is whether CDR data base is different from sql data base. Because if you make a call, immediatly we can see call details in the sql data base through query analyser, but if you want to see it in the CDR data base, it will be available only in the next day.So i want to know CDR data base and SQL data base is different? or CDR is one of the table in the SQL database? pls explain.More over the as soon as we make a call, call details are updated in the publisher database immediatly? what is the frequency of update.

Regards

Esa

2 Replies 2

basyadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi esa786

CDR database is indeed just another database in SQL.

SQL uses two databases: CDR and ART

When you finish a call, flat files generated on subscriber moves to the publisher automatically in about 5-10 seconds and then publisher sends them to CDR database with the help of "CDR Insert service". Further Data moves from CDR to ART Database at night time on its own. You can change that time as per your convienience however night time is set to default considering minimum usage of CM at that time as this process is CPU intensive.

- HTH

Regards

- Basant

Hi Basant. Thank you for your reply.Your answer was useful. But i read that it is creating a flat file and send it at specific time.Is it sending every 5 - 10 sec? CDR AND ART are two tables in the database ? or two different data base?

Regards

esa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: