Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on Jabber log from Different domain

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends.

I have user in remote site , they are not login to our domain. They user from remote site login to their local domain. So we corrected the host file at the PC and now users are able to login to jabber. But they are not able to search user in the jabber from our domain. it is taking users from local domain.

is there any solution. Need a urgent solution. if you need any further info, please let me know.

Thannks in advance.

Esa                  

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to use a specific .xml config file for that user and configure the LDAP config there to look to the right place, otherwise Jabber will use the domain info from the PC for contact resolution.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for the reply. it is useful. I will appreciate if you can let me know what is the exact line should i add to the config for my domain name.

Thanks in advance.

Esa

You need to configure the whole LDAP section according to your needs, all info is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for the reply. But i am not able to access the page, it is forbidden. please can you download as pdf and upload this case.

Thanks

Esa

Copy URL and remove partner/

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

I have uploaded the Jabber config file to TFTP and restarted TFTP service and the local users are able to download but the remote site is not downloading this file.

As you know th issue, the remoe site which is not part of our domain, is not able to add users from main domain but it is trying to add users from the remote domain.

I have attched the xml file to this post. please let me know if the file is ok. Why the remote site is not downloading the file and why the remote site is not able to add contact to the jabber, why remote site is taking the local domain contact list.

Waitng for your reply

Thanks

Esa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: