cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help to migrate phones from Call Manager Business Edition to Unified Call Manager Enhanced (Ver. 9)

MikeKuehne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a more than 100 IP phones connected and working on a Call Manager Business Edition. However these phones need to be migrated to another Server running Unified Call Manager Enhanced version 9. A simple migration from one machine to the other wouldn't work because of the different Call Manager editions. My distributor can provide me upgrade licenses to transfer the phones to the new machine.

My problem is that I cannot find a procedure how to apply these upgrade licenses. Do I have to extract the old licenses from the CM Business Edition and install them on the UCM Enhanced first although they are not compatible? Maybe someone knows a procedure that explains the way to do it.

Kind regards,

Mike

1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael,

If your call manager 9 is installed , you can share the ELM file which u can get from below:

license management---license ---other fulfilment options ---generate.

Copy the file and paste in notepad.

You can share this file along with PAK codes to licensing team or you can generate license on your own by visiting the site www.cisco.com/go/license and enter the PAK codes and paste the ELM file.

I do not think so you need to share the existing license file .installed on BE.

this is what I understand.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: