cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with 2 router CME system

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I need to add a second CME to an existing setup and I am looking for some tips sinced I have never setup a multi-CME system.  From what I can gather I will need to use a dialplan pattern but it is not clear why this is needed.

The first system uses extensions in the 2xx range.  I plan to use 3xx extensions on the second CME. So if I create a dial-peer that matches 3.. on the first system and a dial-peer that matched 2.. on the second they should be able to call themselves, no?

Is it that simple or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Diego,

I dont see why not. As long as the ephone-dn config has the name mentioned for that extension's user, then the other CME system should get it to display on the ip phone. Do let me know if you have any additional questions.

--

Harmit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Diego,

That is correct. You need voip dialpeers to match the string of digits the end user dials from the ip phone. That should take care of basic call routing. You may require some tweaking for some advanced feartures but you can cross the bridge when you come to it. Let me know if you have any questions or issues after setting it up.

--

Harmit.

What about being able to see the name of the caller from one CME to another?  Since these will be acting as

basically two autonomous systems I wonder if the called party will be able to see the name of the calling party.  For examp

le when Joe at ext 201 on system1 calls Mary at ext 301 on system2 will Mary see "Joe 201" on her phone?  If not, what would I need to do to have this happen?

Thanks,

Diego

Hi Diego,

I dont see why not. As long as the ephone-dn config has the name mentioned for that extension's user, then the other CME system should get it to display on the ip phone. Do let me know if you have any additional questions.

--

Harmit.

Thank you sir.  Seems like it is working well.

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: