cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with a phone queue script CCX 7

Adam Sawczuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, im quite new to ccx and the script editor so i do appreciate any help i can get on this.

I need some help with a simple phone queue im trying to put together:

This is what  i have now:

1. EU calls queue #, enters queue

2. If agent is available EU goes to agent.

3. if all agents are engaged, EU hears the generic "all reps are helping others, please hold"

4. if agents are still engaged after 60 seconds,  EU hears the generic "sorry for delay, please stay on the line..."

What i need help with (i can record wav files for these prompts if there is no generic equivalent):

1. If there are no agents logged in, EU hears a message that noone is available and fwds them to leave a voice mail in the general mailbox

2. change step 4 above to allow EU to leave a message if they do not wish to hold (something like "sorry for delay. please stay on the line and we will assist you asap. If you wish to leave us a voice message, please press 9 now and we will return your call ASAP")

if they want to leave a message, they get forwarded to a general mailbox. if they want to continue holding, they get back to the loop.

I am using Cisco Unified CCX Editor 7.0

Pleas let me know if you need more info on any of this, id be happy to provide it.

Thanks again for your help,

Adam

21 Replies 21

You seem to be using the same prompt for the Menu step as for the initial Play Prompt step just after the Accept step.

Is this by design or a mistake.

It would be useful if you can post the prompt text that you use for WelcomePrompt and QueuePrompt.

It would help you get further responses if you rate the help you have had to date from Jonathan

Hi James,

The welcome prompt was played from both menu step and welcome step is because I haven't got a chance to record a new prompt and upload it.

The problem I am having is the menu step only takes digit in if I press 9 from the beginning. If it enters the loop, it will never accept any digit.

I will look into how to rate the response from Jonathan and others who helped me, I didn't know there's such a feature and it would be a great tool to show my apprication.

Thanks.

Hi All,

As we have to meet the deadline on this and I am stuck with this for quite a while. We are wondering if there's any company or professionals that can help us finish configuring this. It's a IPCC express enhanced integrated with CME. The problem I am having now is it's the menu step doesn't work properly. It will take the digit only once and before it enters the loop. Once the call is in the loop, it will never accept any input and will stuck in the loop unless an agent is availble. Any help or tips are apprecaited.

Andy

There are many partners available to help; however, if you truely feel the step isn't working you can also call Cisco TAC which would be covered under your ESW contract. They will not support problems with your script but will support problems with the product functionality.

What I'm most suspicous of is whether you are pressing the DTMF digit while the Menu step is actually being executed or not. If you enter it while on hold the DTMF will be discarded since the call is on hold.

If you reactively debug the script and watch the editor pause on the menu step while you hear the prompt on your phone, can you press the digit and get it recognized?

Also, what happens if you change the script to never actually place the call on hold (i.e. play another prompt or just use the Delay step)? It's possible that we have a SDP negotiation issue after the re-INVITE to resume from hold.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for your reply. Without the hold and unhold. It takes the digit from the menu step. But MOH is very important to us,

Another problem is even though I set the welcome and queue prompt to the un-interrupable, it still takes digit 9 and cut off the prompt. Then I will hear a weird noise ( i believe it's the vm prompt ) then it proceed to the call re-direct. But If i wait until it reaches the menu prompt, I won't hear that noise.

I called Cisco several times, all they can do is make sure the ICD.aes template works and anything else is not their business as it's custom script. That's why they refer me to this forum.

Another weird behavior is If I am dialing from an agent phone or an outside phone and press 9, it will reach the call redurect and call will be deququed and reach the extension 580, if I am calling from a internal extension and press 9, the call will still be sent to redirect but then it will reach the unsuccessful tag and call being dropped (end )

Can you describe what is that SDP negotiation issue?

Thanks !!!!

SDP is what describes the media characteristics for a call. SDP is exchanged on the SIP connection between CME and CCX when the call is first established, placed on hold, and then resumed from hold. In your case it appears you are loosing DTMF relay only after resuming the call from hold. Can you post - sans passwords - your router config as an attachment to the thread?

I set the welcome and queue prompt to the un-interrupable, it still takes digit 9 and cut off the prompt.

The Barge In parameter controls this behavior, not Interruptable. Set this to false if you want to force the caller to hear the full prompt before entering a digit.

I called Cisco several times, all they can do is make sure the ICD.aes template works and anything else is not their business as it's custom script. That's why they refer me to this forum.

It is a fine line. In this case there is a very specific problem you are having that the ICD.aef file doesn't test for: entering DTMF input after resuming the call from hold while in the queued loop when integrated with CME (SIP). CCX has a slightly different support model than most Cisco products; you have to know what the problem is or at least be sure it isn't your code before calling them.

Also, what's the difference between an "agent phone" and an "internal extension"? If you post the config please specify an example of an agent phone that works and a different internal device that doesn't.

Andy...did you ever get this working. I have CME 8.6 with UCCX 8.5.1 and I have a similar queue issue where the menu input works the first time the message is played but ignores input on future loops of the queue?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: