cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with a phone queue script CCX 7

Adam Sawczuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, im quite new to ccx and the script editor so i do appreciate any help i can get on this.

I need some help with a simple phone queue im trying to put together:

This is what  i have now:

1. EU calls queue #, enters queue

2. If agent is available EU goes to agent.

3. if all agents are engaged, EU hears the generic "all reps are helping others, please hold"

4. if agents are still engaged after 60 seconds,  EU hears the generic "sorry for delay, please stay on the line..."

What i need help with (i can record wav files for these prompts if there is no generic equivalent):

1. If there are no agents logged in, EU hears a message that noone is available and fwds them to leave a voice mail in the general mailbox

2. change step 4 above to allow EU to leave a message if they do not wish to hold (something like "sorry for delay. please stay on the line and we will assist you asap. If you wish to leave us a voice message, please press 9 now and we will return your call ASAP")

if they want to leave a message, they get forwarded to a general mailbox. if they want to continue holding, they get back to the loop.

I am using Cisco Unified CCX Editor 7.0

Pleas let me know if you need more info on any of this, id be happy to provide it.

Thanks again for your help,

Adam

21 Replies 21

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Within the Queued loop of the Select Resource step, you can add a Menu step with the prompt offering an option for voicemail. Set the retries to zero (0) on the Menu step and add a matching condition for whatever DTMF digit you told them to press. Within that condition add a Dequeue step; this is critical to avoid a stuck call in the database. Following the dequeue step put a Call Redirect toward your voicemail system. I tend to change the forwarding party to the CTI Route Point [Trigger] number and set that as the call handler's extension.

Hi Jonathan,

I also have the same issue. How do you add a matching condition for whatever DTMF digit you told them to press and add a dequeue step in that condition? Under filter I can create connections, is that connection the number I want to forward to? I have create a connection 580 ( which is my voicemail box ) for button 9 but that doesn't seem right to me. On top of that, I don't know how to create a dequeue step.

Thank you in advance for your help. I've stock on this for quite awhile.

andy

How do you add a matching condition for whatever DTMF digit you told them to press and add a dequeue step in that condition? Under filter I can create connections, is that connection the number I want to forward to?

Yes, this step is really a match case under the covers so I have a tendency to slip into programming terminology. Add a connection, select DMTF digit(s) and click OK. Note that a Menu step only accepts a single character input so if you select the digits 5, 8, and 0 a caller who presses any of those three digits will result in the same connection.

Typically the way this works is a prompt on the menu step that says something to the effect of "Thank you for your patience. If you cannot continue holding, press one now." In the Menu step you create a connection and select the 1 DTMF digit. Within that connection/branch/condition you add a dequeue step (this exists in the ACD palette) and then the call redirect step.

Thanks Jonathan. I am a step closer to finish this. As I have found dequeue, created a menu, and added a call-redirect step. I still have some questions. Under the menu, does the connection number have to match the extension I want the call to forward to? Or is it just a random number?

Also when I add a call redirect step, how do I specify which extension to send the call to? Under the property of that call redirect step, there' a destination field but if I put the extension in there, it gives me an error saying "unable to parse expresion, usassignable type: int; expect string" What string or variable should be I entering there?

Attached is my CCX script, can you take a look at this for me ?

I really appreciate your help on this. Can you point me a direction on how to learn this scripting? I read the Cisco doc and it's not very helpful ( or maybe I don't have the right document).

Adam Sawczuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, so i finally have a working script that does what i want. i am now in testing stages - so far it looks promising.

1. checks for logged in agents

a. if no agents logged in, fwd call to a VM box.

2. if agant (s) logged in and "ready", caller goes to agent.

3. if agents logged in but on call, caller hears message "welcome please hold for first available agent"

4. if no agents are available for 30 seconds, caller hears "sorry for the delay, if you would prefer to leave a message press 9 now"

5. if caller presses 9 > fwd to a VM box

6. if caller does not press nine within 5 seconds, goes back into the queue @ #4

Hi Harry,

Do you might showing me how you configure the connection "VM" under the menu step? All I need to do is allow calling party to press a key and send the calls to VM.

Thank you!

hi andy, i hope this is what you need.

You forgot your Dequeue step. Without it the call will be recorded as abandoned. It must be placed before the Call Consult Transfer step.

thanks jonathan

Thank you Jonathan and Harry. I really appreciate your help. I got busy and didn't have time to work on this until today.

I have sort of cloned Harry's but still have one problem. The menu is not taking my input. I have used button 9 for users to exit the queue and get redirected to the VM at extension 580 but it doesn't respond when I press 9 and call will just enter the queue again. I think this is the last missing part of this puzzle and I have attached the screen shot of the script. Again, I really appreciate both of your help.

Regards,

Andy

Can somebody please help me out on this?

Anyone?

I feel I am so close to complete this script but there's something missing. Even when I have the menu in place and createda connection and assigned it a digit. When I press the number, it won't reach that connection and will not forward the call. Not sure what went wrong but any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Andy

Have you watched this occur through a reactive debug to confirm the script is actually on the menu step when you press the DTMF button? If you are on hold or another step, nothing will happen.

Also, have you confirmed that the end point you are calling from can pass DTMF input within other parts of a script? For example SIP end points would need a MTP to do interworking as CTI Ports only support OOB.

Thank you Jonathan for look into this. I have found a problem in my script. It's the dequeue step. I used CSQ instead of "CSQ"

As I  correct this, it's reading the 9 and does call redirect but it's acting weird....

If I don't press 9 before it finish  playing the first welcome prompt ( the one before it enters the queue).  The call will stay in the loop forever. That doesn't make much sense as I  think it should wait until it reaches the menu step then it look for my  input. On top of that, if there's not input, it should enter the loop  again and wait for my input again when it reaches the menu step.

Atttached is the semi-working script I have.

Regards,

Andy

Anyone? Please. I really think I have everything in the script. Only problem is the menu won't take in input after the first loop.

Also can anyone tell me how they learn scripting? This thing is so difficult to me so I really want to spend a good time to figure it out thoroughly and conquer it.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: