Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Need help with licensing part numbers

Ok, here's the scenario:


I have abandoned my original plan to use an IAD2431 to run CUCME and gone with a 2901 instead, but after reading & searching and reading for hours, I can not make heads or tails of this licensing scheme. Can anyone please just review my environment description below and tell me what license part numbers to buy? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've never seen anything this ridiculously difficult to figure out.


(1) already installed 2901, with (1) VIC2-2FXO and (2)EHWIC-4ESG installed.

This router will do nothing at present other than run CUCME. I have obtained a 60 day UC evaluation license from Cisco, but I will need to replace this with a permanent license.

(8) 7975G's (spares - no license included)

(1) 7925G (spare - no license included)


I currently have two POTS lines coming into the residence and one external SIP trunk (dialin/dialout). I need for all three of these to be accessible to ephones on my system.

Router is running IOS 15.4(3)M and CME 10. Phones are all running latest (as of today) SCCP firmware.


So, in this scenario, what license part numbers do I need to purchase to make everything work?

VIP Purple

Hi Darren,U need to have

Hi Darren,

U need to have feature license say FL-CME-SRST-100= [qty. depends] along with IP phone user license  SW-CCME-UL-7925= [Depands on number of users]

Additionally, u need to have CUBE licenses for SIP Trunking[ FL-CUBEE-25]

U can also refer ordering guide for more details



CreatePlease login to create content