Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with Sip Capture

Hello,

I am not familiar with Sip and need help deciphering why one of my sip phones is registering and the other is not. The softphones are different, one of them is a sip softphone from Express Talk, and the other is a program called WinCati that is used for Surveys. The Express Talk softphone can register with Call Manager no problem, WinCati does not register.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes the phone has a line now : DN=5256, but there is no username and password. You need to configure a username and passwordd on the phone for it to authenticate. Once thats done it will then register. The phone that is working has a username "zz-103-135-7"

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wincati phone does not have a line configured. From the trace. It showed no Line configured

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can you tell me where you see this on the trace? What packet number, what section in the packet shows you this information?

I have added another capture file called wincati 2. I am pretty sure this one is passing the line configured information but is not getting register with call manager. Do you know why call manager is not accepting this sip phone?

Yes the phone has a line now : DN=5256, but there is no username and password. You need to configure a username and passwordd on the phone for it to authenticate. Once thats done it will then register. The phone that is working has a username "zz-103-135-7"

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: