cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need some help with a config

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I need some help with a config.  I can do a pri with my eyes closed, but this is older stuff, and not really used much any more.

I have a VWIC2-2MFT in a 2911 router.  In one port I have a PRI.  I have another T1 I want to plug in to the second port, but I know its not a PRI.  I think its an E&M 10 channel.  I'll attach the config from the voice card in the fax server its plugged in to.  We want to decommision that fax server, but I need to get the port on the router configured first so CallManager can accept the calls instead.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Attached below is the current config.

7 Replies 7

MOHIT SINGH
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like T1 CAS with E&M signalling. Please go through below document which explains how to configure T1 CAS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/isdn/configuration/guide/vi_imp_t1cas_voip_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Use the same framing and line code mentioned in snapshot.

Regards,

Mohit Singh

I've tried this a couple times, but I'm not having much luck.  Here is the config in my router:

controller T1 0/0/1

cablelength long 0db

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgd

dial-peer voice 999101 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/0/1:1

CallManager shows that registration is rejected.

Instead of MGCP first try to use H323 and check using a dial peer whether you are able to send call to this port successfully.

Regards,

Mohit SIngh

I dont know if thats an option, but correct me if Im wrong.  One of the ports is supporting a regular PRI that is bound to MGCP.

I'm being silly.  No reason I cant toss another router in just for this purpose.  I have a dozen 2800s in my server room.

Can anybody help me with the basic config to set this up as an H.323 router using the stuff I put above?

controller T1 0/0/1

framing ESF

linecode B8ZS

cablelength long 0db

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgd

Incoming voip dial peer for calls coming in from CUCM

dial-peer voice 20 voip

incoming called-number .

codec g711ulaw

Outgoing dial peer to T1 CAS port

dial-peer voice 30 pots

destination-pattern

port 0/0/1:1

forward digits < all or no. of digits you want to send to other end>

Also make sure under IP interface you configure "h323-gateway voip interface" and "h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr " for H323 to work. In CUCM create an H323 gateway.

If calls fail then collect below debugs for same call

debug vpm signal

debug voip ccapi inout

debug h225 asn1

Regards,

Mohit Singh

Thank you all for your help.  I called TAC last night, and we tinkered with it together and got it working.  I came to the realization that it was a delay start setup.  Here is the router config, and I'll attach a sreen shot of the CallManager config.  I ended up using MGCP.

controller T1 0/0/0

clock source internal

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-delay-dial

dial-peer voice 999101 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/0/0:1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: