cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to delete a previously installed COP file on CM

roger.newton
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a custom COP file using software upgrade in CM 7.x but now need to remove it.  I am unable to find any information on Cisco or other in order to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's correct.

Here is the bug ID CSCsk79534

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as I can remember there was an enhancement request for this but to the day it's not possible to remove that kind of files without reinstalling the system.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's correct.

Here is the bug ID CSCsk79534

Apparently I have two sip custom cop file devices installed with the same device type such that one registers and one receives "ambiguous, device type mismatch".  So I was hoping to remove one.  Or is there a way I can modify one somehow to a different device type? Or update one or the other?  Thanks fo rthe responses so far.

Hi

Is the COP file something you put together or something from a vendor?

If it's yours, then you should be able to find out easily what has been inserted to the DB, and remove it (you can submit SQL queries using the AXLSqlToolkit from the applications/plugins page on CCMAdmin)

If it's a vendor, perhaps speak to them.. or generally you can crack open the .cop file and reverse engineer what it contains to determine what needs to be removed.

All this would need to be done carefully but I would think it preferable to rebuilding from scratch.

I'd be very tempted to restore a backup of your system to a lab system to verify any changes you make.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!