cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to develop an "Recepcionist Program"

europesip
Level 1
Level 1

I want to develop a recepcionist program so an operator can handle all incoming calls, check the status (busy, free, etc) of the internal externals and be able to trasnfer calls.

I already did so on other PBXs of the markets, as Asterisk, that has an AMI interface, so you can intercept events on the PBX, see who is talking, do calls, etc... But I do not known if Cisco Call Manager has a similar programming interface..

Of course, I known that there is a TAPI than can interface with CISCO, but using that TAPI would require me to add all 100 extensions to the TAPI configuration.... I need something at more low level, something that I can use to interact directly with Cisco.

COuld any one give me a hint and forward me to the right point to look for information ? What kind or programming interfaces that Call Manager has ? How would you implement a CTI solution without using a layer as TAPIs ?

Thks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All IPT development issues are discussed in the forum mentioned above, be that IP phones service or something else.

You may also want to consider that some versions of CM already have an attendant console that runs on a PC, and some companies like ARC also offers such products.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Please post in the IPPhone developer forums.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Would do, but I not consired this topic relationated with IP Phones. Is not a service to program at the IP Phone leve, I think that on the other hand, this i a feauture or service relationated with the Call Manager ..(to be programmed directly using the API at the call manager level)

All IPT development issues are discussed in the forum mentioned above, be that IP phones service or something else.

You may also want to consider that some versions of CM already have an attendant console that runs on a PC, and some companies like ARC also offers such products.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: