Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to know when the phone registered(Date/Time) to CUCM

chaman prakash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am wondering if i can check when the phone is registered to CUCM. Like One one my user wants the report that what all are the phones(Hard Phone and SoftPhone) are resgitered to CUCM in last 6 Months.

I am wondering how we can get this report from CUCM.

I never see this report ever .

Regards

Chaman

13 Replies 13

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chaman,

You can use Cisco Unified Operations Manager to get these kind of reports.

regds,

aman

Also if you want to check the time stamp of phone's last  registration, then you can use RTMT (Callmanager---> device--->  Device Search---> Open Device Search ---> Phone). This is just to  see the timestamp, can't get the report.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Very useful information.

Thank you @Suresh

Thanks for info..

Hi Suresh,

Do you know anyway to download the contents information of this report?

thank you in advanced

Alfredo.

If this helps, do not forget, rate!!

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Can I ask what's the rationale behind this report?

If you are looking for unregistrarion, the application logs are your best friend. You cal also get some information out of the RIS with Device Queries, however this is runtime information. CUCM doesn't store this information as it's not 'valuable'

Hi Robert

Thanks for Reply

I want to know if i add the phones to CUCM. and after 6 month i want to know that how many phones get registered to CUCM then how can i get the information about the same.

Is there any Way or application that i can use to get the report.

Regards

Chaman

Assuming you have CUCM traces set to the correct level and options, you should be able to get some info from there, but there wont be anything to tell you if it was the first time they registered, or the Nth time they got registered.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I still fail to see the purpose. I guess if you want to see when the phone registered for the last time, you could use Device Search in RTMT as it was mentioned previously. However if the phone re-regiser you will only see the last timestamp of the registration. We don't keep historical records of registration since they have no value of CUCM. We just keep the timestamp of the last registration attempt from the phone.

Collecting traces for a 6month window is unfeasible.

I would like to say faced with political troubleshooting, in an environment where the network and the phones are separate departments, a report of this kind can point to a local, where phones are continuously rebooting. This kind of a report can be irrefutable when trying to prove to management their is a netw ork problem not a phone problem. 

This is an interesting argument.  Just because certain info isn't valuable to CUCM for the purpose of operations, doesn't mean it's not valuable to the consumer.  Value added to the consumer should be considered when engineering solutions. 

You can get in touch with your SE/AM to submit a PER, in there you can explain the business case of why that kind of information would be useful/necessary to have for you or your customer.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

DS3203
Level 1
Level 1

use the tool in the website given below to pull the registration report:

https://www.networkclan.com/tools/voicetools/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: