Views
Helpful
Replies

NETComm SIP and Cisco BE6K

csco11030279
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have netcomm adsl wireless router support  100 SIP lines from the service provider and Cisco BE6K and 2901 , is there anyone had like this type of integration.

the SP suggest this SIP since he cannot provide E1 line to the site, what do I need to configure it , can I configure SIP trunk to this device or I need SIP gateway .. any idea ???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Ask the provider for SIP trunk details so you can then integrate it with your BE3k/2901. The 2901 can be used as a CUBE(sip-sip gateway) between the provider's adsl router and the BE3k. You might also be able to integrate the sip trunk directly with the BE3k without the need for a CUBE (running sip) but its not recommended (due to security reasons and also because of possible incompatibilities between the sip flavors supported by the provider and the BE3K)

Here's a sample BE3K / CUBE SIP configuration for a different provider but this will give you an idea of what you will need.

http://media.cox.com/cbsupport/print_media/phone/equipment/sip-config-guide-cisco-be3000-with-cube.pdf

---

Posted by WebUser Asad Raza from Cisco Support Community App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Ask the provider for SIP trunk details so you can then integrate it with your BE3k/2901. The 2901 can be used as a CUBE(sip-sip gateway) between the provider's adsl router and the BE3k. You might also be able to integrate the sip trunk directly with the BE3k without the need for a CUBE (running sip) but its not recommended (due to security reasons and also because of possible incompatibilities between the sip flavors supported by the provider and the BE3K)

Here's a sample BE3K / CUBE SIP configuration for a different provider but this will give you an idea of what you will need.

http://media.cox.com/cbsupport/print_media/phone/equipment/sip-config-guide-cisco-be3000-with-cube.pdf

---

Thank you ... but do you think I need license for the 2900 router

L-FL-CUBEE-25= (for 100 lines do I need 100 license)

L-SL-29-UC-K9=

and PVDM3-16

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Yes you need the UC technology package (L-SL-29-UC-K9=) and the CUBE license (L-FL-CUBEE-xx=). CUBE user licenses are usually purchased for the max number of calls you will support on a CUBE. CUBE user licensing is honor based (meaning that you purchase the paper license but it doesn't have to be installed) but that might change in the future.

As for the PVDM3-16, you only need these if you want to configure transcoding or conferencing resources.

---