cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Configuration password for 7960 - master reset?

wwparr0tt
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a 7960 second-hand and i do not know the network configuration password. Without this I am being told by my VOIP provider they cannot make necessary changes to the phone. Is there a master reset password to access the firmware? Thank you.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keep # pressed while powering on.

Release when display shows "reset sequence". Press in succession 123456789*0#.

Confirm erase network settings with '2'.

You will need the SIP firmware files as the phone will try to access them via TFTP.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

my VOIP provider tried to get to the "reset sequence" display, but the phone will not respond to this. He has other 7960's that will respond to this prompt however. Any other suggestions?

wwparr0tt
Level 1
Level 1

I now understand that that the phone has an SIP license and I need a SKINNY (sp?) license for the phone to work thru the VOIP provider I use. Is there a way to purchase a new license and if so what is involved in doing this?

If you can access CCO for download you already have a support contract and I believe you're entitled to use the phone with whatever image you need with a third-party call agent.

i apologize for the ignorance on this subject, but I purchased the phone 2nd hand and am a private user. Do I have permissions based on this and what is CCO? Thank you again for your help.

How do i get the correct image?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: