cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CCM 5.1 Install

rytom
Level 1
Level 1

Just finished installing CCM 5.1 on a 7845. First time for me, so not sure what happens next. After install process completed and I logged in for the first time, it left me at admin: prompt. Not sure how to get Call Manager started now. Cisco install document kind of leaves me hanging. It mentions having to start services through a PC with a web browser, but I cannot ping the new server. Can't find documentation to help. Where am I going wrong?? Didn't see any indication of problem during installation.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Hello,

From the server itself, you will only get a CLI and that is used for maintenance tasks. You need to use a web browser from your laptop or PC to browse to ip address of callmanager. I would recommend you make sure you have plugged the network cable to the right nic. Also recommend login via CLI and ping yourself and ping your default gateway etc. Once IP connectivity is established browse to callmanager from a pc using the following URL.

https:///ccmadmin

Login with CCMAdministrator as username and the password is the password you set during install wizard.

You will need to then go to System-> Licensing and upload the licenses (node and DLUs) before starting any of the services with in Callmanager.

HTh

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

just to add one note to Sankar's nice post please check three things:

1: make sure ur CCM server got the configured ip/mask and gateway correctly u can check this by the cli command: show network eth0 detail

u can set the ip/gateway correctly (or change if needed) by this cli command: set network ip eth0

2: make sure u pluged network cable to the correct nic on CCM server, also u can enable failover so the two nic cards can be teamed (active-standby) and u can connect these two nics to two ports on one switch or to each nic to a port on two different switches for redundancy, use this cli command: set network failover ena, this way any nic of the two is connected it will work.

3: if it still not pining check ur vlans/ network connectivity, once connected start configuration via web browser from any pc using https:///ccmadmin

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

/majdi

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Hello,

From the server itself, you will only get a CLI and that is used for maintenance tasks. You need to use a web browser from your laptop or PC to browse to ip address of callmanager. I would recommend you make sure you have plugged the network cable to the right nic. Also recommend login via CLI and ping yourself and ping your default gateway etc. Once IP connectivity is established browse to callmanager from a pc using the following URL.

https:///ccmadmin

Login with CCMAdministrator as username and the password is the password you set during install wizard.

You will need to then go to System-> Licensing and upload the licenses (node and DLUs) before starting any of the services with in Callmanager.

HTh

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

just to add one note to Sankar's nice post please check three things:

1: make sure ur CCM server got the configured ip/mask and gateway correctly u can check this by the cli command: show network eth0 detail

u can set the ip/gateway correctly (or change if needed) by this cli command: set network ip eth0

2: make sure u pluged network cable to the correct nic on CCM server, also u can enable failover so the two nic cards can be teamed (active-standby) and u can connect these two nics to two ports on one switch or to each nic to a port on two different switches for redundancy, use this cli command: set network failover ena, this way any nic of the two is connected it will work.

3: if it still not pining check ur vlans/ network connectivity, once connected start configuration via web browser from any pc using https:///ccmadmin

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

/majdi

Thanks very much for the help. I was hoping to get some CLI commands to determine if the addressing was correct, which you so kindly supplied. Thank You. I did resolve the connectivity issue. Probably a vlan problem, I just direct connected temporarily with rolled ethernet cable. Would you happen to have a recommendation for a document that will explain how to configure 5.1 after the initial install. I could only find the basic installation document, which only goes through the DVD install process, and stops at that point. This is my first 5.1 install, I'm really surprised how different things are since 4.x

Thanks again, Tom

andrew.shore
Level 1
Level 1

during the setup you would have entered an ip address, point a web browser at that address and login with the username ccmadministrator and password you set.

Go to the top right select the servicability option from the menu click go.

Now start all the services.

You can do NOTHING from the console

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: