cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New cisco phones are unable to load a firmware.

Vasily_Kr
Level 1
Level 1

Recently, I have intsalled a new IOS on a cisco router. It was cm2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-22.YB.bin and now is advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T.bin

After some time I have noticed what all new phones are not able to load a firmware. If I resert old phone it is now loading a firmware as well.

I know what for IP phone 7940 I should use next files:

term42.default.loads

jar42sccp.8-4-1-23.sbn

cnu42.8-4-1-23.sbn

apps42.8-4-1-23.sbn

dsp42.8-4-1-23.sbn

cvm42sccp.8-4-1-23.sbn

I checked flash area and found all of them.

After upgrading I see a screen with a cisco logo and nothing happens after that.

And it is also looked like phone is trying to upload a firmware from wrong tftp server.

Any help how to fix it would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are missing a .loads file and have to refeence that as "load" under telephony-service.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are missing a .loads file and have to refeence that as "load" under telephony-service.

it works after I applyed next steps:

__http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1072957

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. tftp-server device:firmware-file

4. telephony-service

5. load phone-type firmware-file

6. create cnf-files

7. end

But I still quet dont understand why after upgade it stoped working.

With new software, you can eliminate all the the tftp-server commands, just use .loads extension and cnf location flash:/

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: