Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New CUCM 8.6 installation failed

I'm installing a new 8.6 subscriber.  During installation, I passed up the option to install a patch during the upgrade.  However, when I got to the point that it needed to connect to the Publisher, I found that I had different versions (my Publisher is 8.8.2(20000) and the new subscriber came with 8.6.1(20000)).  Now here is where I made my critical mistake.  I decided to try to restart the installation process by powering off the server.  When I booted back up, it went back to a blue installation screen, but all it said was "The installation has failed and must be retarted to revocer from the failure."" and it gave me the option to output the installation log to a USB key.  Whether I say yes or no, it still brings me to a CLI screen thyat reads "INSTALLATION FAILED.  Restart Install to recover from failure", but takes no imput.  I have to reboot at that point, and the reboot just takes me right into that same screen.

I have been able to hit the 'I' buttoin during boot-up that allows for interactive startup.  This allows me to choose not to load some services.  f I do that, I have the option of not loading the INSTALLATION_FAILED service.  When I do that, I actually get back into the installation at about ths point that I was when I quit.  It doesn't remember the administrator password, but it re-prompts for that.  So from there I can back out to the screen regarding the patch.  And I can specify the patch, but it fails shortly thereafter, just giving an message that the auditd service has stopped.

I have no idea where to go from here.

2 REPLIES

Re: New CUCM 8.6 installation failed

Hi,

Could you please use the Recovery option (Its posted in CCO site, put this in the CD\DVD drive) and reboot the box, please note that you must have same versions as that of the Publisher for adding this Subscriber to the CUCM cluster.

For downloading the CUCM 8.6 recovery software, refer the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283782839&flowid=26422&softwareid=282074294&release=8.6%282a%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please use the exact version Recovery software, also refer the release notes for the detailed procedure.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Re: New CUCM 8.6 installation failed

That;s what it took.  I hadn't racked the server, so I hadn't seen those disks at all.  Once I found them, I was able to restate the installation from the installation disk.

Thanks for is suggestion.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content