Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Green

*** New Defect CSCsy25150 for DST

Hi guys,

A quick update for DST

Symptom:

Certain models of Cisco IP Phones (first generation) fail to get the time information from tCisco Unified Communications Manager server component. Cisco IP Phone Models: 7920, 7960,7940,7921,7910,7936,7937,7912

Conditions:

Any first generation IP Phone registered to Cisco Unified Communication Manager 5.1.X and above where Daylight Savings Time changes are in affect.

Workaround:

1. Using CUCM Admin go to: System---Date / Time Group

2. Create new Date / Time group with one hour extra of local time.

3. Go to System --- Device pool

4. Create a New Device pool and assign the (one hour extra Date time group) to this device pool.

5. Assign the new Device pool to and Cisco IP Phones that are displaying the incorrect time.

We are working for a patch more updates soon

72 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: *** New Defect CSCsy25150 for DST

Hey Gonz,

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to post this up! It is painful to see more DST problems creeping up, for sure. Especially on the "newest" CUCM Versions :(

Thanks for the "Heads-Up" buddy.

You Rock!

Huff

Hello,

I would also like to tag in and add a big thanks for this post. Unfortunate situation, but I was able to apply the workaround before the majority of our users got in the office. Saved the Help Desk and myself a TON of phone calls.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason

Do you mind leting me know how did you set up the time zone to have one hour ahead of regular time in the especified phones

I would also like to give a big thanks for the post. We noticed this problem this morning.

A customer would like to know when the patch is coming out. If you are able to post a date as soon as you know, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time again.

How would you add the extra local time. If I am in Central time would I just create a new time group in Eastern time to get that extra hour?

In our environment we have a lot of different device pools so what I did is changed the time zone reference directly in the date/time group and reset from there.

That is what I had to do with select sites. But others I can not touch because they have a mixture of 7940s, 7941s, 7960s, and 7962s

Bronze

Is this related to a time of day partition routing issue as well? Have couple customers on 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 reporting that their time period/time schedule settings are off by an hour even though the server has the correct time.

I opened a TAC case after reading the initial thread in this conversation and this is the response I received:

The phones display wrong time because of this bug CSCsy25150 : 7960 and other phones incorrect time after DST on March 08,2009

Symptom:

----------

Certain models of Cisco IP Phones fail to get the time information from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server component.

Cisco IP Phone Models: 7905, 7910, 7912, 7920, 7921, 7925, 7935, 7936,7937, 7940, 7960

Time of Day routing will also be an hour behind.

Conditions:

------------

Any first generation IP Phone registered to Cisco Unified Communication Manager 5.1.X and above where Daylight Savings Time changes are in affect.

-and/or-

Cisco Unified Communication Manager 5.1.X and above where Time of Day routing is being used

Workaround:

-------------

1. Using CUCM Admin go to: System---Date / Time Group

2. Create new Date / Time group with one hour extra of local time.

3. Go to System --- Device pool

4. Create a New Device pool and assign the (one hour extra Date time

group) to this device pool.

5. Assign the new Device pool to and Cisco IP Phones that are displaying

the incorrect time.

NOTE: This workaround action will need to be reversed on 03/15/2009 as the

CUCM time update will occur. Please plan to change your Device pools back

to

the original Date / Time group accordingly.

HTH

Please advise.. I need to know if this includes the Time of Day Routing also. I've had some of my customers report issues with ToD routing. One customer in particular have the later model phones and phones had correct time. However, the TOD routing was not turning off correctly.

Also, another customer who is running the 7960's also reported the issue.

Please advise if this issue also effects the ToD schedules.

thanks!

ToD routing is affected. Check out the bug itself for full information.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsy25150

Oops Missed that one line item.

Cisco Employee

Hi Kelvin,

Time of Day routing is indeed also affected by this issue.

Regards,

Michael.

ok.. Now time to figure out how to just time the ToD schedules Time-Zone without affecting the phones. I have one customer where the time is correct on the phones but ToD is affected. In the earlier versions of CM, you could change the Time Zone by going to the time period. However,

I'm just now starting to look for it.. in 6.X and 7.X..

ok.. made my change. For those who have the same problem. Change the timezone under the partition where the schedule is placed. This will fix the TOD problem until it is patched.

I am getting tired of this!!!! Everytime the clocks change I end up looking incompetent. Enough of this!

I agree. I thought we were done with this the last time they changed the DST rules!

I went ahead and did the workaround since I have less than 20 7940/60 phones out of the 500 phones here. No problem implementing it.

We can send a man to the moon 40 years ago, but we can't make a phone that changes its time during DST...

I have a huge amount of affected phones and all my device pools are set up by building and floor, so it would take a lot of work to redo these phones...any idea on a time line for a patch?

Has Cisco been slacking lately? This is really bad for the reputation.

It would seem that if you are running UCM Express then this fix would be a snap but if you have 500 + phones in multiple pools as well as MGCP devices then your sunk so much for 1/2 Million in SmartNet contracts. Come on TAC this issue has been in effect since 2005 it's 2009 and next year the DST time change happens March 14. What surprises do you have in store for us next year?

Bronze

Hello All,

My issue is not with the phones but with the Time Period Routing and Time Schedule. Would the new page take care of this issue as well?

Thanks,

MK

I'm in the same boat as you. There is too big a mix of devices to apply this workaround. I've been getting hammered today from the Help Desk and end users because of a stupid issue like DST that worked in older versions of CallManager. Thanks for nothing Cisco. Post a patch the natives are restless!

Agreed Matthew,

This workaround is a huge pain in the ass for us as well.

We've told our users to deal with the wrong time until the fix is released or until March 15th when it fixes itself (which will probably happen sooner than the fix is released).

Can you please let me know how do you manage the time to put one hour ahead? or do we need to use a time zone that has one hour ahead of local time. if that is the case wich one is it I don't seem to find a time zone that has only one hour ahead of me

You must set it to Atlantic time UTC -4

Thanks for the replay

I have selected in the drop down menu the Atlantic Standard/Daylight Time - (GMT-4) but still no luck, all my 7940's and 60's are not updating after using the work around. I created the new group, i created the new device pool and assigned the affected phones to that poll for nothing.

Any sugestion to have this working till the patche is released

Did you reset the phones after assigning them to the new pool?

I reset my phones from CST/CDT to EST(Indiana) and after the reset the phones show the correct time.

Views
Helpful
Replies