cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New PSTN numbers on CUCM

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

Hello we new E1 curcuit as addition to current one its terminated on new gateway .. we also have new range of PSTN numbers..  new GW is succesfully registerd with CUCM ..For incoming calls Is somethig needed to be configured on CUCM  ( except External Phone Number Mask) to have IPphones reachable from outside on thouse new numbers???

5 Replies 5

Hello,

Is it H.323 or MGCP ?

From what i understand from your email, it looks like this E1 is dedicated for DID's , is this correct ?

Amer

yes Its MGCP and its used as DID

Hello,

It is what arron said , you only have to check if the call that is coming from the E1 is going to match a dial-peer to be forwarded to the CUCM , usually i do one dial-peer in case of the MGCP which will be the destination-pattern .... , and i forward it to the CUCM , the CUCM has all the info it needs to know how to route the call .

From i where i see nothing need to be changed.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Why do you need dial-peer in case of MGCP GW?

MGCP GW is backhauled to CUCM so no dial-peer or destination-pattern is needed but if the gateway is configured as H323 then Yes but, here this is not the case.

HTH

Arun

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are your DID's on new E1 circuit matching with existing dial plan (lets assume your current internal extensions are 4XXX and earlier PRI numbering plan was 2xx-3xxx-4xxx and now on new E1 is 3xx-5xx-4xxx). If yes then you don't have to make any changes except updating your external phone mask.

HTH

Arun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: