cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Unity 421 Message Store question

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

Installing new unity 421 server with UM off box storage. Running Unity Permissions Wizard, I was able to select multiple exchange mailstores, and storage groups, . Now when running the Unity Message Store Config Wizard, I am forced to pick a single location and storage group. How do I select multiple storage groups? thanks

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you are only able to select one. The reason being is that this is for if your Unity Admin is able to create new Subscribers in Unity. This would basically create a new AD account and Exchange mailbox in this location that is selected. Make sense?

So the multiple exchange stores, storage groups are for DELIVERY of voicemails, MWI syncs, etc. The message store Config is for where you want Unity to create new subscribers. (if you allow that) Some admins will not allow Unity admins to create new subscribers. They are required to create new AD users/Exchange mailboxes, then import to Unity.

Cheers!

just to add something, Unity can only be partnered with one Exchange, you can have several message stores within your exchange organization and they will communicate between them but Unity will talk only to the partner Exchange. That's also why you only have 1 MAPI profile to that partner exchange.

Unity does need access and permissions over the others (access the messages, retrieve, delete,etc ) so that's why the PW shows them and you need to select them

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: