Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

new user in Unity

setup a new user in AD and synced the call manager, Call manager found the new user right after the sync, assigned phone, and extension. went over to unity and can't find the user, even after a resync of LDAP. Why cant Unity find the user, LDAP settings are the same.

4 REPLIES

do you assigned a primary

do you assigned a primary extension to the user in cucm enduser ?!

yes i do

yes i do

Hi,You need to add the user

Hi,

You need to add the user as following:

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, click Users.

Step 2 On the Search Users page, click Add New. The New User page opens.

Step 3 In the User Type list, click User With Voice Mailbox.

Step 4 In the Based on Template list, click VoiceMailUserTemplate.

Step 5 Enter information in the following two required fields, which are marked with an asterisk (*):

Alias

Extension

Step 6 Enter information in the optional fields, as applicable. (For field information, on the Help menu, click Help for This Page.)

Note that the SMTP Address field is optional in the sense that if you do not enter a value, Connection uses the alias to form the SMTP address. However, the SMTP address cannot include non-ASCII characters. Thus, if the user alias contains non-ASCII characters, you must provide an acceptable SMTP address.

Step 7 Click Save. The user ACCOUNT has been created, and the Edit User Basics page opens.

Step 8 Enter additional information, as applicable. If you change any settings on the page, click Save.

Source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac/guide/2xcucmac080.html

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

if i want to Manually create

if i want to Manually create it yes that will work. i should of said that i have been importing the users from LDAP and that has been working fine. until this one user.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content