Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

new voip client?

I have an opportunity to gain a new voip client. They have 2 asa firewalls which will secure the line and provide priority for VOip Packets for an Avaya IP office phone system.

Basically my question is that my group mainly deal with Cisco IP telephony. Call manager, cme, unity, uccx. Should we take this customer provided we are not really trained with Avaya.

If yes, what do we need to over come as a group to get aquinted with Avaya. Is it even worth doing business with this client far as the IP telephony porition is concern.???

Thanks, any input is appreciated.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: new voip client?

Pretty business like question.

I find that Cisco IP telephony has strong points and can compete with anyone. Recently, we've won a bid against another competitor, name also starting with 'A'. Cisco proved to come at a lower price and more functionality embedded. Of course, we know how to optimize the purchase and for sure if it was an incumbent, everything would have been harder. Personally, unless there is a clear anti-cisco position at the customer, I would try anyway, with a committed job of integration first, demonstrating the cisco advantage later, with the final goal of displacing the competitor.

Yes I know, I've done too many sales trainings.

Good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies