Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NIC Teaming on IBM servers MCS-7835-I2 V02

Anyone have documentation on how to do NIC Teaming on IBM servers.  I found Cisco doc for

the HP servers, but not IBM.

Just received MCS-7835-I2 V02 which is really IBM System x4650 Type 7979 servers.

Please help.

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What product/version?

My understanding is that the Linux VOS CLI has abstracted this for you under the set network failover ena command.

The actual product is QM 2.7(3) - Quality Manager (Cisco/Calabrio).  We are installing contact center and need recording for the agents.  QM requires Win 2003 Server for OS.  NIC card is Broadcom.  Went to Cisco and IBM website - no luck.

There is a Broadcom utility that does this similar to the HP network utility. If Cisco didn't ship the Broadcom driver CD with the server, then you should be able to pull it off of IBM.com: http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/supportsite.wss/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5081963&brandind=5000008

PS- I'm pretty sure you meant to say x3650 Type 7979 in case people are searching for this.

Thks Jonathan,

I am onsite tomorrow.  I'll give it a try.

yep, typo meant x3650 Type 7979

thks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: