Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Night service issue with B-ACD

Hi all,

i hope that someone can help me to resolve my problem:

First: in attach the configuration.

Problem:

If the call reached the ephone-hunt 1 when night service is active, call is not forward to number 5000 (see that all the number in the list have the call-forward night-service active and night-service bell!).

I'd like to implement the following solution:

Customer contact the pilot number (incoming called-number on dial-peer voice 1 pots) and the call is put in queue with automatic answer and music-on-hold.

But during the night service hour, call is forward to an automatic voice responder.

Do you know how resolve my issue?

Is this a possible solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Night service issue with B-ACD

You can set VM number to a CUE mbox with that message, or if you don't have CUE use the disconnect service that I wrote:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

It can be done. What responder do you want at night? Perhaps another AA with message ant then forward to nigh service ?

Keep in mind that night service can be confusing and in many cases you can do without.

For example consider that just and ephone-hunt with login/logout when all members (operators0 are logged aout, and calls will go to another responder if you want, but since the incoming DP has matched already, could be another AA in voip loopback mode.

But at lot depends on what the customer wants, and something they are not even quite sure ...

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Diego,

I agree with Paolo (keep up the great work Paolo :) that Night Service isn't going to work in this instance. The Night Service Bell command is just that. It presents a "splash ring" to the designated stations but it doesn't actually preset the call. That is why you have to use Pickup or Group Pickup to redirect the call to the answering station. The original call is really Parked or Queued until the Pickup is initiated. This is why it won't go directly to your Voice Responder. I think you need to use something like is shown below;

Alternate Destination for Unavailable Hunt Groups

Calls are diverted to an alternate destination in two circumstances:

The hunt group to which a call has been transferred is unavailable because all members are logged out or in do-not-disturb (DND) mode.

The call-queue maximum retry timer has expired.

The alternate destination can be any number at which you can assure call coverage, such as a voice-mail number, a permanently staffed number, or a number that rings an overhead night bell. After a call is diverted to an alternate destination, it is no longer controlled by the B-ACD service. This parameter is set with the param voice-mail command.

The B-ACD call-queue service relinquishes control of a call only when the alternate destination answers the call. If the call cannot be connected, it remains in the queue. If the param max-time-vm-retry command is set to a number higher than one, the call-queue service retries to connect that number of times. If no connection can be made to the alternate destination, the call is disconnected.

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805f2305.html#wp1012406

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, Paolo,

thank you for your answer... Very helpful!

I will try to ropose this solution to the customer!

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi Rocco,

basically what Rob and I are trying to say, is that "Night Service"often is not what the customer wants.

Most often what they want is that after the last operator leaves the office, calls gets either a message advising about the work hours, and / or are diverted to voice mail.

This is very easy to achieve with the alternate destination of an hunt-group, setting CFA, on operator phone, etc, while the only thing that "nigh-service" does is is to set fixed hours for the switch to happen. Again this is oftest not wanted, as small offices often work flexible hours, etc.

I hope you can give a fair rating to the posts in this case as that has not be done so far - thanks!

How would you go about doing this:

"Most often what they want is that after the last operator leaves the office, calls gets either a message advising about the work hours",

do you create another ACD with a single message, how is this done ?

Thanks in advance,

Antonis

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can set VM number to a CUE mbox with that message, or if you don't have CUE use the disconnect service that I wrote:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

Paolo, ottimo script!

Grazie

Ciao

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Due righe!

Guarda recorder, alarm, o number2name http :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content