Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-HDA-4FXS with Voice Gateway 3825

ecouto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Cisco 3825 (MGCP) with a few E1 and we want to add the NM-HDA-4FXS module to connect modems. We are using Call Manager 6.1. Doesn't anyone know if this will work fine or do we need a different card to connect the modems?

Cheers,

Emilio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You put it directly into the small slots.

Note DID refers to north america analog DID and it's not likely to be of use to you.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Should work, but a better / more modern device would be a VIC-4FXS/DID.

Sound better as they support DID, if the 3825 has 2 x VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 cards and 2 x PVDMII DSP SIMM with 4 DSPs. Can I just stick the VIC-4FXS/DID in the HWIC2 module (as I already have som PVDM in the chassis) or I will need to get an NM-HD-2V to support the VIC-4FXS/DID? Any idea?

Cheers,

Emilio

You put it directly into the small slots.

Note DID refers to north america analog DID and it's not likely to be of use to you.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

cool, thanks :)

You're welcome, thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

Hi Paolo,

Nice reply indeed. I have always wondered if I have to simulate PSTN on a router with VWIT E1/T1s, how may I do it?

Its for a lab setup

Router1=====> PSTN Emulator<====== Router 2

This would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Hello Wilson,

For a friends lab we used a virtual console PSTN simulator. It worked very well, and along with T1/E1 had FXS ports. Downside is they are a bit pricey, but we were able to find a used one for a couple hundred on the net. Hope that helps!

J

Thanks J.

Never crossed that idea :-|

I have had heard about the BRI Simulator, however didnt even think about the whole PSTN/Telco simulator (BRI, PRI, T1 CAS and E1-R2 and FXO)

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Yes, you can do that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: