Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NME-CUE

I installed an NME-CUE module on a 2821 MGCP gateway which is registered with a CM 6.1.

The problem is that after the installation I cannot see in CLI any new interface in order to program the CUE. (interface Integrated-Service-Engine)

If I run the "show inventory" command I have the following output. Why the NME-CUE module has an "Unknown" name and description?

sh inventory
NAME: "2821 chassis", DESCR: "2821 chassis, Hw Serial#: FCZ12357830, Hw Revision: 52.57"
PID: CISCO2821         , VID: V04 , SN: FCZ12357830

NAME: "VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1", DESCR: "VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"
PID: VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1  , VID: V01 , SN: FOC12333SJD

NAME: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with Two DSPs", DESCR: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with Two DSPs"
PID: PVDM2-32          , VID: V01 , SN: FOC122819S1

NAME: "Unknown", DESCR: "Unknown"
PID: NME-CUE           , VID: V01 , SN: FOC12340EAL

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What version of IOS are you running?

Does it mean the minimum listed at  : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.htm#PlatformsNM

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It is running Version 12.4(3i).

From the table you sent me the NME-CUE is supported on 2821 from 12.4(9)T.

I will need to upgrade the IOS.

dfokin
Level 1
Level 1

It seems, that you have installed module into wrong chassis slot. On 2821 router there are two slots: one of them acceps only EVM modules and another accepts NM, NME, NME-X, NMD and NME-XD type modules. EVM slot is in the right top corner and NM slot is in the left bottom corner. So, your EVM-CUE must be located in lower part of chassis, right under HWIC slots. Please look here for more information: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/ps5880/prod_presentation0900aecd80543d0e.html

I check and I installed the module in the correct slot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: