cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Audio when forwarding calls out FXO

rcoote5902_2
Level 2
Level 2

We have a number of DID's associated with a PRI at one of our sites.  These are assigned to internal DNs with translation patterns.  Calls coming into these DID's work fine.

I have one customer at a second office who tried to forward calls to their DID to a cell number.  The calls appear to foward - the target phone rings, however when the call is answered neither party have any audio.  The calling party also does not hear any ringing.

The forwarded calls are coming in from the PRI but going out through a local FXO.  If I force the forwarded calls to go back out the PRI with a route pattern, both caller and called party can hear each other and the forwarding is successful.

If I revert back to the calls going out via FXO, there is no audio.

Normal dialed calls out these FXO ports work without issue, and internal forwarded calls are also fine.

In summary:

PRI @ Site A ---> WAN --->  3825 @ Site B --->  Call Forwarded ---> FXO on 3825 @ Site B ---> Call goes through but no audio.

PRI @ Site A ---> WAN ---> 3825 @ Site B ---> Call Forwarded ---> WAN ---> PRI @ Site A ---> Call goes through and audio is fine.

Any ideas?

CUCM 7.1.3

The voice gateways for both the PRI ard the FXO are both 3825's.

5 Replies 5

frlindse
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you get a couple of copies of "show call active voice brief"

(to see if counters are incrementing) from both gateways while the call is up?  Are these MGCP or H.323 gateways?

Frank

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To start, bring a call up with the issue and get this output while the call is up:

sh call active voice br

Get it from each side.  Look at the tx and rx fields to see if RTP is being transmitted and received.  It may be a routing/network issue.

Depending what we see there, you may want to also get signaling debugs.  What VoIP protocol are you running?

TX and RX are incrementing on both sides.  These are MGCP gateways.

I just tried something.  We are using G.711 for internal calls, but site to site using G.729 to save on wan bandwidth.  I switched to G.711 and we now have audio.

Aaahhh... Transcoding. That's one effect of codec mismatch, the other is the call drops when the person answers.

Frank Lindsey

Engineer.customer Support

Cisco Unified Communication Infrastructure

frlindse@cisco.com (epage)

Phone: +1 469 255 6556

Hours 11:00am - 7:00pm Central US Time Zone (GMT -6)

Cisco Systems, Inc.

United States

Cisco.com

Think before you print.Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: