Views
Helpful
Replies

No calling number display for external calls received on ATA186 SCCP

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have an analog phone connected a Cisco ATA186 with SCCP Firmware ATA030204SCCP090202A.zup. This phone is capable of displaying the calling number when a call is received. Unfortunately the calling number is only displayed for internal calls, and not when external calls are recieved. IP phones connected to the same CUCM and even sharing the same number display the number correctly. Is this generally not supported on the ATA, or am I missing something?

Ingo

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of PSTN circuit are you using? If analog, it's likely that the external ANI/CNAM information is not being displayed in time for UCM to have the ATA to pass it along. ANI/CNAM is passed between the first and second ring on most analog circuits.

Hi, thank you for the reply! I actually tried it on the same ATA in 3 different networks with different CUCMs and PSTN circuits (BRI, PRI, and PRI connected to an old PBX duriging migration phase).  If I connect the phone to the old PBX for example, the number is displayed after 1-2 secs, but on the CUCM/ATA186 its not. So my guess its either not supported, or it needs to be configured. Another guess is that the number length plays a role. Internal numbers (which are displayed) are 2-4 digits in length, while external numbers vary (Germany), and may be 11 digits or more.