cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Delete softkey for Personal Address Book entries CUCM 6.1

csg
Level 1
Level 1

Have noticed that entries in the Personal Address Book (PAB) cannot be deleted as there is no "Delete" softkey despite it being mentioned in the End User Guides

I have this problem on 7940, 7942, 7960 and IP Communicator so it appears to be a global problem.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue and if there is a workaround ?

3 Replies 3

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a customer complain of this before, and it turned out that the delete key is just difficult to find.

Try the following.

The procedure to delete an entry is as follows:-
Directories -->Personal Directory --> Personal Address Book --> Submit --> highlight entry to be deleted --> Select -->Edit --> More --> Delete --> OK

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks but when I access the PAB via the method you prescribed "Directories -->Personal Directory --> Personal Address Book --> Submit --> highlight entry to be deleted --> Select -->Edit" all I see is the following softkeys :-

"Update" "<<" "Phones" "Cancel" there is no "More" softkey and no "Delete" softkey

If I try to use the "<<" softkey to delete entries in each line then press "Update" I get an PD Error Message of "The nickname cannot be blank"

If I select "Phones" I see the following softkey set :-

"Update" "<<" "Names" "Cancel" again there is no "More" softkey and no "Delete" softkey

I can use the "<<" to delete the numbers and "Update" works ok but I still have the entry at the "Names" level.

Actually I think I am running in to this bug

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso87326&from=summary

We know we need to upgrade the CUCM version so hopefully this will resolve the problem then.