Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

no message from disconnected numbers

We are running Callmanager 4.1 and a cisco 2811 router as a voice gateway connected to the pstn over a PRI. Everything runs good except when a user dials a number that is no longer in service they receive silence instead of the message saying that the number is no longer in service. We are not getting any errors on the callmanager. We spoke with the Telco and they are telling us that, of course, there are no problems on their side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: no message from disconnected numbers

hi,

"voice call convert-discpi-to-prog" command

should help you.

regards

mehmet

Thanks for the prompt reply mehmet. I added that line to the config and then tested but it does not appear to make a difference. Did a debug isdn q931 to see what was happening. Here's the results:

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98396

Exclusive, Channel 22

Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, ''

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, ''

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Jan 18 21:40:10.195: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x

Channel ID i = 0xA98396

Exclusive, Channel 22

Jan 18 21:40:10.315: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0x8

Progress Ind i = 0x8488 - In-band info or appropriate now available

Jan 18 21:40:10.855: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8 callref = 0x8

Cause i = 0x82BF - Service/option not available, unspecified

Progress Ind i = 0x8488 - In-band info or appropriate now available

Jan 18 21:40:10.859: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> STATUS pd = 8 callref = 0x043

Cause i = 0x80E408 - Invalid information element contents

Call State i = 0x04

Jan 18 21:40:12.475: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0

Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know if you can customize this "non working" number message? I suppose you could link it Unity to call handler, play a message, hang up.. correct?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hello tcatlins,

Here is the full URL that explain how and when the PI conversion is necessary

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080111b58.shtml

In your case, I would first verify that the annoucement is present indeed. The 'hard' way to do this, is using a circuit analyzer that has audio output, eg the DA-30.

In 'software' you can enable debugs on the gateway to verify that the RTP stram is generated, and capture to check that is not of silence only.

Bronze

Hello Orva,

Were you able to resolve the silence message receiving from telco. If so, could you please share it with me. I have the same problem.

Thanks,

MK

Hello MK,

No we haven't been able to resolve it yet. What we did as a workaround was put the number string they would dial in as a route pattern and set it to "block this pattern" that way they at least got a reorder tone. Obviously this isn't the greatest workaround for two reasons. 1) if the number ever becomes active you can't dial it and 2) your users have to let you know when they find another one with the same problem and you have to enter it also. If you find an answer to the problem please let me know.

Bud,

What switch-type are you running. I had this same issue and in talking to Telco, they were taking protocol errors. I am running 5ESS and telco is running custom-5ESS and I am experiencing the same issue. Let me know if this is what you have as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies