Views
Helpful
Replies

No Music on Blind Transfer calls

iftikharsyed_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using CUCM 6.0, the issue is when i receive a call from TDM on my IP Phone and i blind transfer the cal to another IP Phone, PSTN Caller doesn't hear any music while the other IP phone is ringing.

PSTN caller hears music if I transfer the call after the required party answers my call.

Gateway is configured h.323

Any inputs how it can be resolved?

1 Accepted Solution
9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Syed,

This is working as designed and cannot be changed. You have to keep in mind that on a "Consult" Transfer, the PSTN Caller is actually put on hold or in a Conference loop briefly while the Transfer is being completed. This is when MOH is being played back to the caller.

On a "Blind" Transfer this is actually treated like a "Direct" call and the PSTN Caller should receive Ringback tone instead of MOH. There is no way to change this behaviour.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, the problem is that the PSTN caller is not even receive ringback tone. there is complete silence till the transferred call is answered. Some of the callers hangup because of silence.

Any idea how it can be resolved.

You are missing progress indicators on your dial-peers. Add the following to your incoming pots dial-peers:

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

Let me explain you our current scenario.

Incoming TDM Call--> Connection Plar on Voice port --> voip Dial peer matched , dest pattern 100--> voip dialpeer matched , service aa.

I dont think we will be able to assign progress indicator in this scenario,

any other workaround will definitely be helpful.

Regards,

iftikhar

Add it under dial-peer 100.

Chris

I have the same problem, but my config is a SIP trunk from PSTN, and Cisco CallManager Express 4.2, IOS 12.4(11)XW.

When a call from PSTN is blind transferred locally, there is no ringback tone, just silence. When the transferred call is answered, there is no problem talking.

The progress_ind commands do not apply to the voip incoming dial-peer.

Try This,

Go to Service Parameter Config --> Call Manager Service --> set Send H225 User Info Message to H255 info for call progress tones.

Regards,

Iftikhar

Thank you, but H225 is not used with SIP if I'm not wrong. And I have Cisco CallManager Express, not full-blown CM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: