cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Outbound Call

hadisharifi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a h323 GW with SRST and added to CUCM6, I can make outgoing calls in SRST mode but I can't make calls normally when the PSTN is the only GW selected in the route group.

I have a phone registered with CUCM and I want this phone to call outside line using the PSTN GW only, I have configured it correctly and I can see the call is pushed to the GW by the CUCM but it fails.

I have attached the CCAPI and ISDN debugs, can some one please help and.

11 Replies 11

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i check the debugs and looks like PSTN is not accepting the call.

Mar  6 12:58:33: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x80EE

Cause i = 0x849F - Normal, unspecified

Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

call your telco to check why they are disconnecting the call.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the response, but a call in SRST from a  different phone goes through fine. I am susspecting something in the  presentation of DNIS and ANI that is probably preventing the call. And  also the below call types for the working and non working call.

Working call:

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN 

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, '83590317'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '0386672000'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Non working call:

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '0383590309'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '0386672000'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

I have also tried to remove the 03 from the calling party in the non working call but it doesn't make any difference.

I have attached the debug output of the working call.

Thanks

looks like your provider is working on plan and type for calling number.

go to call manager --> device -->gateway

make changes to

calling numbering plan to:  ISDN

called party IE number type to:  unknown

i guess it will same as u making call from SRST!!

thanks

Vipul Jindal

Thansk for your help. I changed the called numbering and called party and it works.

However I am now having issues with sending fax, I have a Cisco ATA186 that is connected to the CUCM and the fax gets routed via the PSTN by the CUCM. But I am no longer able to send fax. I have attached the ccapi debug output.

Thanks

i guess you need to first contact telco and ask them what exactly they want from call manager in regards to plan and type.

after that we can proper changes so that everything works!!

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Hi, I am not sure if I understand what you are saying. Calls are working now but faxes are not.

are ur faxes internal or external??

are you getting bz when dialing the fax?

thanks,

Vipul JIndal

Internal faxes are working fine, that is sending fax to a fax machine connected to another ATA that is registered to the same cluster. However it's the external faxes that aren't working. When I dial an external number it rings and connects and I hear the fax noise very briefly and after that I get an error message on the fax machine saying transmission failed.

Thanks

Check show controllers E1, like you have slips and need to configure network-clock-select.

I have checked and there are no slips or errors, I have also configured network clock as wic0, and network clock select E1.

Hi,

Have you enabled the fax passthrough on your gateway

!
!
voice service voip
modem passthrough NSE codec g711ulaw
!
!

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: