Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

No ringback over SIP

Hello guys,

I'm actually facing an issue in my IPTel network. When a PSTN user is calling us and if the call is transfered/forwareded he doesn't receive ringback.

Call flow:

PSTN --> SIP Gateway --> CUCM --> Phone 1 --> Forward/Transfer --> Phone 2

I checked the gateway and in each dial-peer pointing to the CUCM I have the command:

- progress_ind setup enable 3

Under the sip configuration, I have a MRGL who contain an annonciator based on doc: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-50/99341-ccm-sip-ringback.html

If someone has an idea...

Hervé Jacquemin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try adding "voice call send

Try adding "voice call send-alert" to your CUCM dial-peers.  It's supposed to be able to convert a progress message with a progress indicator to an alerting message which should result in a 180 Ringing being sent to CUCM.  In that scenario, the phones would play the ringback themselves.

27 REPLIES

You might want to try

You might want to try enabling all of the codecs under the IPVMS service parameters if you haven't done so already.  Will probably need to see CallManager traces to see what is going on with the annunciator allocation.

Hello, Thanks for the answer,

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, I checked and enable all the service but the problem is still there (maybe a service to restart to apply the change ??).

I will now go through the logs but which logs are the more specifics for the annunciator?

Thanks,

Hervé

Add this on CUBE/SIP gateway

Add this on CUBE/SIP gateway and then do a test...

sip

midcall-signaling passthru

Under the dial peer or

Just added the commands under "voice service voip" and did a test. Still the same :(

You can apply this either

You can apply this either under dial-peer or globally. voice service voip sip midcall-signaling passthru Or dial-peer voice xxx voip mid-call signaling passthru

did it globaly and still the

did it globaly and still the issue

Then please attach CUCM trace

Then please attach CUCM trace file. And do mention calling , called number with time of call. Thank Manish

time 9.58 amCaller id:

time 9.58 am

Caller id: 003227894364

Called id: 00496172408170

Forwad all number: 0032496529594

log files from 3890 - 3893 from publisher

log files frmo 2221 - 2225 from subscriber

Hello Hervé ,

Hello Hervé ,

Sorry for delay in reply .Your call flow is like this as per traces..

10.175.0.6 --> 10.161.10.170 --> 10.161.10.171 --->10.175.0.6

Now the call is going out from 10.161.10.171(SUB i guess) to 10.175.0.6 , then its a responsibility of SYST_CUCM2_ANN to provide ringback. But there is no annunciator is invoking in this call leg. Can you please recheck the MRGLs are they containing ANN ?

And one more thing , try setting up CFA to an internal number and then check the behavior.

rate all helpful post

Thanks

Manish

Trunk has DEBHO_MRGLDEBHO

Trunk has DEBHO_MRGL

DEBHO_MRGL contains:

- SYST_ANN_MRG

- SYST_CFB_MRG

- SYST_MTP_MRG

- SYST_MOH_UNICAST_MRG

and then the SYST_ANN_MRG contains:

- SYST_CUCM1_ANN

- SYST_CUCM2_ANN

and both ANN are registerd.

I test this morning and it works fine if I forward to an internal number

And how about calling from an

And how about calling from an internal number to internal number , whose CFA is set to an outside number ? Thanks Manish

Internally there is no issue,

Internally there is no issue, it's just when an outside call is transfer/forwarded outside.

VIP Super Bronze

Please attach the sh run of

Please attach the sh run of your gateway

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

done :)

done :)

VIP Super Bronze

Pls remove this command from

Pls remove this command from your voip dial-peer (the dial-peers to cucm) and test again

progress_ind setup enable 3
Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

still the sameI added this

still the same

I added this commande to test but with/without no changes.

Do I have to remove it from the pots dial-peer?

VIP Super Bronze

No, :et me look at your

No, :et me look at your traces and will reply shortly

VIP Super Bronze

OK...This trace is for a call

OK...

Based on the trace, we can see that when the call was forwarded, CUBE sends a 183 session progress with SDP. Now that suggests that the ISDN leg is playing some form of prompt instead of ring back...In this scenario when CUCN receives 183 with SDP, it doesn generate ringback locally, it just cuts through audio to try and play whatever the far end is playing..

We need to see the debug isdn q931, debug ccsip messages for this call.

Can you tell me if you get ringback for the following:

1. call forward all to an internal extension

2. Supervised transfer to an internal extension

3. blind transfer to an internal extension

4. normal calls

If all your test above work i.e you get ringback, then your issue is with your telco provider

I will take the traces right

I will take the traces right now.

regarding your question:

1: it's working

2: I'm not on site (I'm in Belgium, problem is in Deutschland) but normally it's working

3: it's working

4: it's working

attached the logs:Caller id:

attached the logs:

Caller id: 003227894364

Called id: 00496172408170

Forwad all number: 0032496529594

VIP Super Bronze

Its just as I suggested, the

Its just as I suggested, the ITSP isnt playing ringback, but something else at the progress stage. You get the following prompt..once CUBE receives that it sends a session progress with SDP...for cucm to cut through to the audio your provider is playing. This is an issue on their end. Have a word with them.

#### At the progress stage (this is where we normarly get ringback, telco plays an announcement###

Mar 20 08:11:20.022: ISDN Se0/0/1:15 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8  callref = 0xAE8A
    Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

###CUBE sends PRACK for the early media, it received on the ISDN leg###

Sent:
SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.161.10.171:5060;branch=z9hG4bK1510b255d9c370

From: "Geschaftsleitung Konferenzraum" <sip:+496172408170@10.161.10.171>;tag=b07ad00f-590b-492b-beff-1db02e4d128f-20217387

To: <sip:0032496529594@10.175.0.6>;tag=692E7924-720

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 08:11:15 GMT

Call-ID: 33ae1900-32a1a2a3-80f85-ab0aa10a@10.161.10.171

CSeq: 101 INVITE

Require: 100rel

RSeq: 2892

Allow: INVITE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, ACK, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, REGISTER

Allow-Events: telephone-event

Remote-Party-ID: <sip:+32496529594@10.175.0.6>;party=called;screen=no;privacy=off

Supported: sdp-anat

Server: Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-12.x

Content-Type: application/sdp

Content-Disposition: session;handling=required

Content-Length: 241

v=0

o=CiscoSystemsSIP-GW-UserAgent 5181 6752 IN IP4 10.175.0.6

s=SIP Call

c=IN IP4 10.175.0.6

t=0 0

m=audio 29728 RTP/AVP 8 101

c=IN IP4 10.175.0.6

a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000

a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

a=fmtp:101 0-16

a=ptime:20

thanks a lot for your analyze

thanks a lot for your analyze ! I will have a look on this with the provider !

Try adding "voice call send

Try adding "voice call send-alert" to your CUCM dial-peers.  It's supposed to be able to convert a progress message with a progress indicator to an alerting message which should result in a 180 Ringing being sent to CUCM.  In that scenario, the phones would play the ringback themselves.

VIP Super Bronze

Brian,First of all this is

Brian,

First of all this is excellent information and well fone for giving us this tip. However this has its own major draw back. What this mean is that these users will never hear any announcement that the ITSP is sending them in cases where ITSP is playing an announcement. Because all progress message is now converted to 180 ringing, ringback will be played locally at all times.

That is correct.  Those

That is correct.  Those messages can definitely be important for troubleshooting with the carrier.  This will hopefully serve as a temporary workaround until he's able to determine why the carrier isn't sending the in-band ringback.

VIP Super Bronze

Hjacquem,Did you speak to

Hjacquem,

Did you speak to your provider? I know Brian's suggestion has worked for you, but you didnt rate my post!!! Have I offended you in anyway wink If I have here I am on bended knees..pls forgive melaugh

It'still ongoing with the

It'still ongoing with the provider :) I tried via email days ago, by phone, only in german it's not easy for me :D

I keep you inform as soon as I have a feedback !!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content