Views
Helpful
Replies

No Ringback tone when connecting to an Alcatel PBX via an H.323 Gateway

calessandro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an H.323 gateway configured between my CallManager cluster and an Alcatel 4400 PBX. There are no routers involved, I am just pointing to the IP address of the Alcatel and visa versa.

Everything works OK apart from when I call an extension off the Alcatel; I do not hear ringtone on the CallManager handset. However the handset rings and when picked up, all works OK.

When a user on the Alcatel system calls a CallManager handset, ringtone is heard on the Alcatel and again all works OK.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

PS: CallManager 4.1(3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Have you enabled "Media Termination Point" in the GW configuration page? Also try to enable "Inbound FastStart".

MK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Have you enabled "Media Termination Point" in the GW configuration page? Also try to enable "Inbound FastStart".

MK

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your assistance, I now get a ringtone with the following configuration;

1) Media Termination Point Required

2) Enable Outbound FastStart

3) Codec For Outbound FastStart: G711

Thanks also to Nick for pointing out the "Use ANN for Ringback" parameter, this is a new one on me!

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin,

I would suggest to try changing this service parameter:

Use H225 User Info -> Use ANN for Ringback

As well - make sure there is an annunciator in the default MRGL (the annunciator has not been applied to a MRG yet), otherwise confirm that the MRGL on the H323 gateway page has an available annunciator.

hth,

nick