Views
Helpful
Replies

No Ringback tone when connecting to an Alcatel PBX via an H.323 Gateway

calessandro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an H.323 gateway configured between my CallManager cluster and an Alcatel 4400 PBX. There are no routers involved, I am just pointing to the IP address of the Alcatel and visa versa.

Everything works OK apart from when I call an extension off the Alcatel; I do not hear ringtone on the CallManager handset. However the handset rings and when picked up, all works OK.

When a user on the Alcatel system calls a CallManager handset, ringtone is heard on the Alcatel and again all works OK.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

PS: CallManager 4.1(3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Have you enabled "Media Termination Point" in the GW configuration page? Also try to enable "Inbound FastStart".

MK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Have you enabled "Media Termination Point" in the GW configuration page? Also try to enable "Inbound FastStart".

MK

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your assistance, I now get a ringtone with the following configuration;

1) Media Termination Point Required

2) Enable Outbound FastStart

3) Codec For Outbound FastStart: G711

Thanks also to Nick for pointing out the "Use ANN for Ringback" parameter, this is a new one on me!

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin,

I would suggest to try changing this service parameter:

Use H225 User Info -> Use ANN for Ringback

As well - make sure there is an annunciator in the default MRGL (the annunciator has not been applied to a MRG yet), otherwise confirm that the MRGL on the H323 gateway page has an available annunciator.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: